The page below has been permenently FROZEN as of January 2000.
Due to resource limitations,
this section of our website is no longer maintained,
so some links may not work and some information may be out of date.
We have retained this page for archive reference only,
and we cannot vouch for its accuracy.
Broken links will not be repaired,
and minor errors will not be corrected.
You are responsible for independently verifying any information you may find here.
This links on this page should be used only for references to articles
in newspapers and other major media regarding Area 51.
For proper sorting, the "event date" should be the date of publication.
About Area 51
||Past events, earliest first. Dates are in form Year.Month.Day |
- Ufomind Area 51 Hazardous Waste Lawsuit Page+ - For articles on lawsuit filed by former workers
- Dispatch from Dreamland+ (8 pages)
- Article reference - By Jill Neimark - Published: 9/97 - Source: Psychology Today (Magazine), Page 50 [Posted by Glenn Campbell] <9/14/97 #10>
"Join PT's Jill Neimark on a journey to the epicenter of America's
UFO obsession -- a tour of trailer parks, alien buffs, tight-lipped
scientists, and a desert garden littered with shards of secret
- Full Text of Article - Place on-line by the author
- Article reprint - By Jill Neimark - Published: 9/97 - Source: Psychology Today <10/3/97 #10.1>
"Out in the middle of the Nevada desert, America's
secrets--from UFOs to military war games and
cover-ups--and our perennial longing for mystery and
redemption all come together."
- They Can't Kill Rachel+ - (Pop. Mech. rebuttal) (130 lines)
- Article reprint - By Jim Burrows - Published: 7/97 - Source: Las Vegas Style (Magazine) <9/30/97 #11>
- Area 51 saga heads to federal court+ (20 lines)
- Article reference - Published: 12/3/97 - Source: Las Vegas Sun (Newspaper) <12/4/97 #12>
- Lawsuit Appeal... and Barbra Streisand?!? [news]+ (27 lines)
- Message - Published: 12/6/97 - Source: Las Vegas Review-Journal (Newspaper) <12/6/97 #13>
- Rachel Cover Story in Las Vegas "City Life"+ (24 lines)
- Article reference - Published: 11/18/97 - Source: Area 51 (Mailing List) <11/18/97 #14>
- Business's Name Change To "Area 51" Concerns Town Council+ (56 lines)
- Article reprint - Published: 12/2/97 - Source: Sun-News (Myrtle Beach SC) (Newspaper) <12/31/97 #16>
- TOTALUFO - A huge mega site dealing with the paranormal
This page has been frozen.
New links are not allowed and broken links will not be repaired
"Webmaster's Choice" - an item that the Ufomind webmaster (GC)
rates as particularly useful, interesting or notable (without any guarantee of accuracy).
+indicates documents stored on this server.
This page has been frozen.
New comments are not allowed.
Original Text Copyrighted © 1994-99
PO Box 30303, Las Vegas, NV 89173
Note: The above page has been frozen as of Jan. 1, 2000.
It is retained only for archive purposes. Broken links will not be repaired and
some information may be out of date.
The former webmaster, Glenn Campbell, is still active at
or @BadDalaiLama on Twitter