E.T. Highway Unveiling April 18
- April 17: Gala reception and screening of movie excerpts in Las Vegas (by invitation)
- April 18: Convoy forms in Las Vegas for journey to Rachel, 9:00 am, west parking lot of the Las Vegas Convention Center (across Paradise Road). [details]
Status of counter-event: "No details can be revealed through this non-secure channel."
- April 19: Tikaboo Hike [details]
- April 20: Rachel Day. Annual town celebration in Rachel, NV, beginning around 11am.
- Monument: Promised by Fox to promote the movie and attract space travelers to the highway. Location has not been revealed, but it is supposed to be somewhere along the highway. It has also not been announced whether the monument will be on state, private or BLM land or whether permits have been obtained. (See "Doubletalk on the E.T. Highway.")
- Governor Bob Miller. His office confirms that he is scheduled to attend. (If it is on his schedule now, any later change of plan should be seen as suspicious.)
- Glenn Campbell. Tourism Commission says he is on the list for invitations, but none have been received.
- From the Film [source]
- Bill Pullman
- Jeff Goldblum
- Robert Loggia
- Brent Spiner
- Roland Emmerich: director/executive producer/co-creator
- Dean Devlin: producer/writer
- UFO Panel [source]
Area 51 Researcher and Activist Glenn Campbell was not invited to join panel, and his request to be on it was denied by Fox.
- Don Ecker, UFO Magazine
- Vicki Cooper, UFO Magazine
- Walt Andrus, MUFON
- George Knapp, KLAS-TV
- Number Attending: Fox predicts 2000 will attend, which would make it the biggest event ever to hit Rachel--twenty times larger than the population of Rachel and 4-6 times larger than the best turnout at any previous UFO or town event. (The Research Center questions this prediction.)
[ Parent ]
Last Modified: 7/31/96 dpk