Two Interesting Military Facitilies in AZ

From: campbell@ufomind.com (Glenn Campbell, Las Vegas)
Date: Wed, 2 Apr 1997 08:20:32 -0800
Subject: Two Interesting Military Facitilies in AZ

From: [Withheld by request]
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 1997 21:54:00
Subject: Military Bases/Intelligence Sites

I just visited this section of your pages, and I have two more sites
in Arizona that you may wish to consider adding:

1) The Naval Space Surveilance (NAVSPASUR) facility in Maricopa,
Arizona. This is basically a multi-megawatt transmitter that sends a
fan-shape radio beam into space on a frequency of 216.98 MHz. This
facility is basically a small building and a bunch of antennas in the
middle of nowhere in the desert, though Phoenix' growth is starting to
get closer. I have no idea how bad you'd screw up in the Navy to get
assigned to this hellhole--the place must be reserved for sleeping
with admiral's 16-year old daughters or something of equally poor
judgement.

2) Evergreen Air in the Pima (or is it Pinal?) air park, in Marana,
Arizona. I'm sure you've run across the evergreen-CIA connection
numerous times before. Anyway, our local spook base. (Interestingly,
there's a large helicopter training facility nearby, and several
severely pissed Marana residents claim that they've actually had roof
damage from helicopters flying low buzzing them--unmarked black
helicopters, of course. They belong to the Marana facility, however,
because the helicopter pilots apparrantly have called the police when
threatened with firearms.

[See http://www.ufomind.com/military/base/ ]