Misc: Hot Intel from Art Bell, etc. [5 msgs]

From: campbell@ufomind.com (Glenn Campbell, Las Vegas)
Date: Fri, 4 Apr 1997 09:45:39 -0800
Subject: Misc: Hot Intel from Art Bell, etc. [5 msgs]

HOT INTEL FROM ART BELL

From: Qornm00@aol.com
Date: Wed, 2 Apr 1997 07:56:18 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Area 51 related "disappearance"

Hello, my name's Lindsey and I'm from Liberty, MO....right outside of Kansas
City.  It's 6:49am right now, and I would like to share something that I
heard about an hour and a half ago.  Around 4:30-5:00am, I heard my Grandma
yelling at me to come in the kitchen and listen to the Art Bell show (She's a
big fan).  I didn't hear much of it, but there was something about some
individual who was flying over Area 51, or around it, or maybe not even
close.  He landed somewhere near Area 51 due to a warning from security in
the area that he was flying in restricted air space.  Art Bell had the man
LIVE on his show, I guess by CB or something, don't know how he could
maintain phone contact out there.  Well anyway, I heard something about him
seeing an F-16 or other military aircraft flying overhead, or he was being
warned about being pursued by military aircraft.  About 10 minutes after his
alleged warning, Art totally lost radio contact with the man.  The reason I'm
not so sure of it, is because I went into my room to try to tune in, but my
radio wouldn't tune in.  By the time I ran back into the kitchen, they had
lost contact.  I was wondering if you guys heard anything about this yet?

From: Qornm00@aol.com
Date: Fri, 4 Apr 1997 02:57:57 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Re: Area 51 Landing

I found out that it was an April Fool's joke.  Just talked to Art Bell on
America Online about 10 minutes ago.

[On Art Bell, it is April 1 all year long! -- GC]

RAND REPORT

See: http://www.ufomind.com/ufo/updates/1997/mar/m27-009.shtml

Subject: Rand report...
From: "Zero" <akazero@pe.net>
Date: Wed, 2 Apr 1997 14:07:03 +0000

Received my copy of the Rand report: "Ufo's: What to do?"

I found it interesting -- in a historical sense -- because it was
published before the Condon report (1968).  Although, the author
leans heavily on information obtained from NICAP.

The figures are blocked out, with the phrase "Copyrighted artwork
removed" typed in (part of the NWO conspiracy, no doubt).

It's not worth the $8.50 asking price [though].

GREER/MIBs ON NBC TONIGHT

Date: Wed, 2 Apr 1997 21:59:00 -0500 (EST)
Subject: NBC Unsolved Mysteries, April 4th, "Men in Black"
From: "A.J. Craddock" <craddock@west.net>

The upcoming scheduled NBC show "Unsolved Mysteries" on Friday night (April 4th) entitled "Men in Black" contains a segment featuring CSETI's Dr. Steven Greer.

GEOCITIES WEB HOSTING

Subject: Web Provider
From: Michael McCann <ufologik@usa.net>
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 1997 18:27:29 -0500 (EST)

I Hosted my page a geocities for 1 1/2 years and they were pretty good.
There were only a very few minor things I didn't like.   The URL wasn't
personalized, You couldn't sale ad space (Which I need to do because I
will eventually get a .com site), and you had you link to their main
page.  I hosted there until my UFO Report
Database became too large and then I moved to CYBERCITY.HKO.NET they
give 5 megs free,support CGI, and everything else... You are limited to
FTP and the connection is not as fast :(.  If I ever manage to sell ad
space I'll upgrade to SIMPLENET.  I'll recommend thhis to everyone right
now. 10 dollars a month for unlimited space and traffic, yes to
CGI,etc.  URL if you buy space there: whateveryouwant.simplenet.com or
if you pay the registration fee (AHHH!!!) Whateveryouwant.com.  I found
all these and many more on the search for the best deal.

Date: Tue, 1 Apr 1997 09:40:13 -0500 (EST)
From: "<Ben DeVane>" <s_bdevan@mccallie.chattanooga.tn.us>
Subject: Re: AREA 51: Selecting a Web Provider [2 msgs]

Ive been on Geocities for over a year now and my address has not changed
to date. You are allowed to place anything and everything that is not
pornographic on your page. There is no shell use that I know of, however,
I have seen some people's geocities pages that use CGI. I think that
geocities gets most of their money from sponsors. I've had no complaint
with geocities except for the fact that their server is unavailable
sometimes because there are so many people.