Misc: Area 51 Explained, etc. [7 msgs]

From: campbell@ufomind.com (Glenn Campbell, Las Vegas)
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 1997 09:47:36 -0800
Subject: Misc: Area 51 Explained, etc. [7 msgs]

ANOTHER THEORY FOR ORIGIN OF "51"

From: area51@icgroup.net
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 1997 01:01:53 -0400
Subject: Origin of Area 51 name

I began reading the Desert Rat Chronicles about a year and a half ago,
shortly after my first forrays into Cyberspace.  I chose area51 as my
E-mail address, having know about the place before it was cliche' and
hip.  (And will soon change it to something a little more esoteric.)

Anyway, I found myself answering alot of questions on the phrase Area51
because of my E- address, and inexplicably it suddenly occurred to me
out of nowhere a likely scenario for its origin, here it is:

To the best of my knowledge, before the late 1950's and early 1960's,
the term was never heard of.  The US Air Force & Northrup created the
base sometime after that, and as you know they were given a cloak of
secrecy for cold war and military reasons.  I believe that the Old Gaurd
Military boys, having the same -  "all powerfull and exempt from even
the preying eyes of Congress" -  mindset they are so well known for,
created the term as a kind of inside joke -  a Fuck You kind of thing -
thinking no one can touch us here - even their funding is hidden in the
labarynth of the DOD budget under black bag categories.  The United
States added the last state in the late 50's, but the good old boys
added ANOTHER ... UNTOUCHABLE STATE ... the 51st State .....
hence Area 51.  It is so logical to me, that I am convinced this is
where the Term came from.... As a courstesy, I would appreciate that I
be credited with this idea in the future, as I believe it will pop up in
your conversations, after some thought ... I think you'll agree it is a
very plausible scenario.

Sincerely,
Matthew James Armbruster
<area51@icgroup.net>

VISA SPONSOR SOUGHT FOR AREA 51 RESEARCH

Subject: HELLO!
From: melecio <melecio@gsilink.com>
Date: Sat, 5 Apr 1997 05:05:00 -0500 (EST)

HELLO! I AM FROM THE PHILIPPINES, AND I'M ONE OF A FEW PEOPLE HERE WHO
HAVE A KEEN INTEREST ON LAZAR'S CLAIMS AND SUPPOSED MEETINGS OF HUMANS
AND E.T.'S, ON THIS MOST SECRET PLACE ON EARTH, AREA 51. MOST OF THE
READINGS DONE BY ME, WITH REGARDS TO THESE INCIDENTS OR STORIES, HAVE
COMPELLED ME TO REALLY EXAMINE THE ISSUE, WHETHER OR NOT THERE MIGHT BE
SOME TRUTH TO IT! SOMETIMES, I DON'T TAKE IT SERIOUSLY, BUT IT AMUSED ME
AS WELL AS INTEREST ME! WOULD LIKE TO REALLY VISIT NEVADA, AND SEE IT
MYSELF. BUT MOST PROBLEMS ENCOUNTERED BY FILIPINOS ARE VISA APPLICATIONS
TO THE U.S. HOPE YOU GUYS, CAN SEND ME LETTER OF INVITATION TO SHOW TO
THE CONSULATE OFFICER, THAT I'M REALLY INTERESTED TO SEE AREA 51! LIKE,
MAYBE, INVITATION TO TOUR THE PLACE (LIKE THE BLACK MAILBOX, WHERE UFO
ENTHUSIATS MEET, OR MEETINGS IN THE LITTLE ALE INN, NEAR AREA 51!)IT
WOULD BE VERY EXCITING TO HEAR IF EVER THERE ARE SUCH TOURS YOU COULD
ARRANGE, AS WELL AS ASSIST ME IN MY VISA APPLICATION. I AM FROM CEBU,
PHILIPPINES. MY ADDRESS IS AT 2059 M. VELEZ EXT., CAPITOL SITE, AND MY
E-MAIL ADDRESS IS melecio@gsilink.com. HOPE THE AREA 51 RESEARCH CENTER
SPONSORS SOME KIND OF GUIDED TOUR OF THE AREA, AND SEND LETTERS OF
INVITATIONS, TO PEOPLE AROUND THE WORLD, SO AS TO REALLY HELP US VISIT
THIS MYSTERIUOS SECRET BASE! HOPE YOU GUYS SEND ME E-MAIL, AND IF YOU
WISH EVEN VISIT MY PLACE HERE FOR FREE! WISH YOU'LL HELP ME SEE AREA 51,
NOT JUST VISITING WEB SITES AND READING ARTICLES ABOUT IT!   THANKS,
MELECIO

MORE ALL-CAPS REVELATIONS

Subject: security
From: 6 <6@n.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 1997 09:48:13 -0400 (EDT)

I HAVE BEEN TOLD BE A SECRET SOURCE THAT AREA 51 IS HIGHLY CONNECTED
WITH THE CIA. THE CIA HAS SEVERAL PROJECTS GOING ON THERE AT AREA 51.
THE REAL NEWS IS THAT THE CIA HAD SOME MAFIA MEN FROM MIAMI THAT WERE
ALSO IN WITH DRUG LORDS IN SOUTH AMERICA PAY OFF THE LOCAL SHERIFFS
DEPARTMENT SO THEY WON'T INTERFERE WITH ACTIONS GOING ON OUT THERE. THE
MONEY I HAVE SINCE FOUND OUT IS UNTRACEABLE FROM WHERE IT CAME FROM.

MUFFLER THEFT EXPOSES SECRET FEDERAL PRISON

From: [withheld]
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 1997 07:48:09 -0700
To: webmaster@ufomind.com
Subject: FEDERAL PRISONS CONSTRUCTED IN SECRECY

HI GLEN, in 1991/june in Pomona Ca. at 12308 East End avenue the
retirement home know as "Care Manor" was purchased in secret by the
dept. of justice? with-out the knowledge of the mayor of pomona, or the
city council. in this prison are the criminaly INSANE that Fidel Castro
sent to the U.S.A. the d.o.j. went ahead and did this without telling
anyone. last year on 12 July, two of the inmates escaped. they were
caught trying to steal the muffler of of my next door neighbors car.
my neighbor held them at gun point until the Chino police showed up.
if you or anyone else is thinking that this is something that I made up
feel free to check with the Pomona Police. kinda makes me wonder just
how many more federal prisons are out there. in my exrerience with uncle
sam, construction of a secret building is just that secret. buying of
an existing building or buissines, appears to be the way to go if you
really want to keep a secret. REGUARDS: ------.

HOW TO BECOME AN AREA 51 SCIENTIST

Subject: How to become a scientest at area 51 Militray base
From: "George Inman" <billlena@msn.com>
To: area51@lists.best.com
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 1997 01:27:21 -0400 (EDT)

Dear Government agent

I have always been a fan of area 51 and i hope one day to work there I know
of the hard work to do to achieve this goal i am a hard working computer
worker and I know a lot about ufo's ask me a question that only you guy's know
i will try my best to figgure it out and right back to you

  ps.  I hope you right back

                                sinserly a fan

ALIEN DETECTOR

Subject: Alien Detector
From: Dennis Lapcewich <Dennis.Lapcewich@UniSA.edu.au>
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 1997 01:20:05 -0500 (EST)

For all you serious-minded Area 51 folks, here's an address for your very
own, free, Windows 95 alien detector:

http://www.hotfiles.com/hot/fools.html

Follow the link to AlienDetector v1.2

I make no recommendation on the software.

Enjoy April 1st!

NEW LAZAR LINK

http://www.geocities.com/area51/1453

The Bob Lazar story (satire)