Misc.:A51 Name & Alien Tape [3 msgs]

From: "Michael J. Poirier"
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 1997 21:17:00 -0700
Subject: Misc.:A51 Name & Alien Tape [3 msgs]

From: "Matt Selph" <pentagon14@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re:  Origin of Area 51 name.
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 1997 12:57:28 PDT

You definately have an interesting theory on the name of Area 51
originating
from becomming the 51st State in the Union, so to speak.

See if you can think of why Site 4 would have a '4' in its name.

Also, I would like to bring up something that was in a previous 'issue'
of this
list.  It was last year around late Nov. to early December, if I'm not
mistaken.
If anyone has that issue and number try to post it, so others won't
think I'm
seeing things.  :)  In it said that the first Alien contact would be
made on
April 27, 1997...11 days, people---let's just wait and see.  Any unusual
activity going on at the base?  Hmmm...preparing for their arrival?

Date: Tue, 15 Apr 1997 12:23:05 -0700
From: Robert Knight <blacksun@ix.netcom.com>
Subject: Area 51 Alien tape on Strange Universe

This tape was one of the worst public rip offs that I have seen. If this
indeed was done at Area 51 it belongs to the tax payers, and I suggest
that anyone stupid enough to buy this tape should make millions of
copies and give them out free. It looks like Rocket Films is about to
make a windfall from a cheap dime store alien head and idiots from the
general public!!

Date: Tue, 15 Apr 1997 21:30:12 -0700 (PDT)
From: Side Show Marc <mstuder@paul.spu.edu>
Subject: Re: AREA 51: Alien Interview

Studer Delurking,

       I saw the footage on SU and I have to totally agree with Ian.
Rocket Pictures makes a big deal about the footage not hidding the alien
or misdirecting the audience like on "Alien Autopsy, then shows the
thing
sitting in the dark with only parts of it's head visable. You give 30
bucks to go down to "Mask-O-Rama" and thirty minutes with some Lowell
lights and I'm sure  I can produce comparable results.

       The other thing that I found bogus was that you couldn't see the
aliens mouth. It appeared to be covered with a mask or lost in the
blow-up
of the video frame. It seems to me that if your making an alien suit,
the
mouth and nose area would be a real trick  to get right and if you can
get
by by covering it up, you've saved yourself a ton of work.

       "Victor's" back story was even more hoaky than the video. Ian's
right when he said that it sounded scripted and to me it seemed like the
lines were written by a person who was trying to make the actor sound
either military or "offical." I found the part where Victor was saying
"This interview is terminated" over and and over again sounding like it
came from a very bad movie. When I was fifteen I wrote dialouge like
this.

		Show me a tape of an alien walking around in good light in a
credible setting from a source other than anonymous tape in the mail, a
flakey concert promotor, or a Cormonesqe movie studio.

       I'm sorry for sounding like I'm on a soapbox here but it seem
like every time this kind of crap surfaces it becomes debated ad
nausem...

[I agree, and on that note... -MJP]