Re: Underground Railroad from Mercury to 51, Navy

From: "A.J. Craddock"
Date: Sat, 01 Feb 1997 15:45:55 -0800
Subject: Re: Underground Railroad from Mercury to 51, Navy

At 01:50 PM 2/1/97 -0800, John M. Nelson wrote:

>Last week at my business in Reno, I met a new customer by the name of Dave
>who is a retired Navy officer and who claims to have worked at NTS and
>lived at Mercury from 1979 to 1986.  He said he worked on several non
>nuclear projects which included occasional trips to Groom Lake/Area 51 via
>an underground rail system which ran 6 to 8 times daily from Mercury NTS
>area to Groom Lake and also ran to other places which required additional
>security clearance.  Do you or anyone else out there know if this could be
>true?  He also claims that he was only allowed to "level 8" at Groom Lake
>and to access below this required special clearance.  He did not claim to
>work on any extra terrestrial projects, but that rumors were rampant that
>several "non terrestrial" flying craft were under study.  Anyone have any
>input or comments?
************

I posted this to the list some time ago, and was laughed down - maybe it's
not so far-fetched after all.

Tony Craddock

>You may have read this in the latest "UFO Reality" (you did after all
contribute a piece on ID4).  In any event, I found it pretty interesting,
and was thinking of posting it to alt.area51, or perhaps the Desert Rat can
do something with it.  Is it old news?

On Monday 26 March, 1996 private investigator Nikolos Soren of Los Angeles
called a news conference at the Convention Center in San Diego.

He told reporters that while on a stakeout just west of the Montgomery
Freeway, he aimed his 'bionic ear' shotgun microphone across the bay at the
Coronado Naval Amphibious Base one Silver Strand Blvd.  He then accidently
listened in on a conversation at the base.

According to Soren, he heard one officer say:

"Oh, shit!  Look at the time.  We'd better get back in.  The tube train
leaves in fifteen minutes for Groom Lake!"

The alleged tube train is said to connect Coronado with Area 51/Groom Lake
at the Nellis Air Force Range in Nevada, 255 miles to the east.  The Navy
has of course denied the existence of the tube train, or any other
"underground bullet train".  However, at a further news conference on
Friday March 29, Soren claimed to have received phone calls telling him to
"shut up about the train".

ENDS