Interesting Aircraft Sighting in Des Moines, Iowa

From: "Dave Murk"
Date: Mon, 3 Feb 1997 17:07:16 -0800
Subject: Interesting Aircraft Sighting in Des Moines, Iowa

                      Subject:                              Time:  11:51
  OFFICE MEMO         Interesting Sighting??                Date:  31/1/97

Yesterday afternoon (1/30/97), at about 4pm CST, I was standing outside my
office and happened to see some planes flying east to west at an altitude
of about 15-20,000 feet (guesstimate) as they got closer, I picked out a V
shaped aircraft being escorted by 4 fighter jets. They were moving at a
rapid pace, and the V shaped craft was leaving no contrails at all, though
the escort planes contrails were very evident. Does anyone have any
information on what this may be?? My email address is
davem@mid-iowa-comp.des-moines.ia.us

Thanks

DaveM