Arizona Aurora?

From: "Chris O'Leary"
Date: Wed, 5 Feb 1997 09:34:18 -0800
Subject: Arizona Aurora?

This is pretty much what my wife and I saw.

Imagine you are standing on the ground looking up to the north and
seeing the underside of a cloud about 50(?) miles away.

It's hard to believe, but the "anti-contrail" was initially just as
sharp as I have drawn it.  That's why it caught my attention.  I don't
know of anything that can do that to a cloud.  I don't know if high
altitude winds could make such a clean break in a cloud.

I would have taken a picture but it only lasted about 15 minutes after I
noticed it.

Chris