Campbell's Letter in this Week's Newsweek

From: campbell@ufomind.com (Glenn Campbell, Las Vegas)
Date: Fri, 7 Feb 1997 16:09:28 -0800
Subject: Campbell's Letter in this Week's Newsweek

My letter to the editor appears in this week's Newsweek, Feb. 10,
page 19.  It is the issue with Madeline Albright on the cover, and
the letter is right below one from "Brad Pitt" of Los Angeles,
who I guess is some sort of famous person.  The letter was given
the inevitable "The Truth is Out There" title.

The Newsweek people were very courteous.  There was some negotiation
involved in cutting down the size, but I'm reasonably satisfied with
the results.  -- Glenn

    THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE

    IN YOUR ARTICLE CONSPIRACY MANIA Feeds Our Growing National
    Paranoia" (LIFESTYLE, Dec. 3-Jan. 6), I am quoted as saying,
    "There is alien contact with the military." If I made that
    statement, it was in the context of a description of a scenario,
    not an expression of my belief. I am a researcher, and it is my
    responsibility to reserve judgment and let each UFO story speak
    for itself. Your article also quotes me as saying that "I don't
    have proof other than what I hear from my sources at Area 51," a
    classified air force base in the Nevada desert. Area 51 is
    America's testing ground for top-secret aircraft systems, and
    employees there face federal penalties for discussing it in any
    form. Although I have spoken with former Area 51 employees, I
    have never attempted to communicate with anyone currently working
    at Area 51, and no one there has ever tried to contact me.

    GLENN CAMPBELL
    Owner, Area 51 Research Center
    RACHEL, NEV.

    http://www.ufomind.com/area51

| Glenn Campbell                  campbell@ufomind.com |
| AREA 51 RESEARCH CENTER - Las Vegas & Rachel, Nevada |
| UFOs  -  Gov't Secrets  -  Philosophy  -  Psychology |
| http://www.ufomind.com     Box 448, Rachel, NV 89001 |