On Contrails and a trip to the bookstore

From: James R Graham
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 1997 10:04:56 -0500 (EST)
Subject: On Contrails and a trip to the bookstore

Hi all,

Last night (2/26), I went to the bookstore and saw a book called, "Silicon
Embrace" by John Shirley (I could be way wrong on the author). The cover
grabbed my attention as it was of the head of a grey, but with a model of
the earth forming the bulbous head. Intrigued, I picked it up. The blurbs
on the inside cover flaps mentioned Area51 and S-4, so I looked further.
It turns out that this books is 'cyber-fiction', which I have come
interpret as meaning very strange writing style with the characters
accepting "way-out" technologies as commonplace. I skimmed it catching
various terms such as desert base, military base, etc. I put it down when
I read the sentence: "The alien bit the cigarette in half." Perhaps I did
not give the book a chance, but at $30 it didn't deserve one.

I then made my way over to the the magazine section and thumbed through
some of the UFO magazines, my disgust growing with every page. What
red-lined my disgust-o-meter was an article all about Area51 and S-4
(among other 'secret' bases) that used as a source: "Robert Lazar, PhD."
'Nuff said, eh?

Onto another topic. A number of years ago I sent an email to
Gl--,er...Psychospy concerning a possible Aurora sighting here in MA at
Hanscom AFB. Ever since then I have been hyper-vigilant to contrails and
lights in the sky. The night before last, I went out onto my back porch
here in Somerville, MA (just outside Davis Sq.) and saw a very typical
contrail directly above my house. In the 5 minutes I was out on the porch,
the contrail had drifted due to high winds and had taken on the
characteristic 'donuts-on-a-rope' look. I guess I only mention this 'cause
if I had come out 5 minutes later, I would have been scrambling all over
the house for camera and film all the while silently cursing my fiance for
taking the video camera to her place. Also, I want this list to pick up a
bit.

james

James R. Graham
Senior Assoc. Scientist