Dr. Steven Greer Letters to Clinton, Gore, etc.

From: "A.J. Craddock"
Date: Mon, 6 Jan 1997 20:18:11 -0800
Subject: Dr. Steven Greer Letters to Clinton, Gore, etc.

The following received from Dr. Steven Greer, CSETI's founder and
International Director.  Further information about this can be found on
CSETI's Website http://www.cseti.com

Tony Craddock

**********************************

From:   Steven  M. Greer M.D., [103275,1472]

At 12 am today, 1 January 1997, the deadline expired for US Government
correction of our previously stated position that military, intelligence
and other government related witnesses to UFO events/projects were free to
speak openly of their knowledge and experiences.

In a letter dated 15 November 1996, CSETI Project Starlight stated the
position that, since projects related to UFOs exist and have existed
outside legal constitutional oversight and control, that all security oaths
related to such projects are null and void.  The letter stated that, UNLESS
OTHERWISE DIRECTED, that this assessment would be regarded as accurate and
that all such government witnesses would be free to speak openly as of 1
January 1997.

This letter was sent to, and acknowledgement of receipt has been obtained,
from:

President Bill Clinton
Vice-President Al Gore
National Security Advisor Tony Lake
Secretary of Defense William Perry
Secretary of State Warren Christopher
Director of Central Intelligence John Deutsch
Chairman, Joint Chiefs of Staff, General Shalikashvili
Chairman Senate Intelligence Committee Arlen Specter
Chairman House Intelligence Committee Larry Combast
Chairman Senate Armed Services Committee Strom Thurmond
Chairman House National Security Committee Floyd Spence
Director of NASA Daniel Goldin
FBI Director Louis Freeh
Attorney General Janet Reno

Additionally, this document has been sent to the US Supreme Court and
acknowledgement of receipt is pending.

The letter is attached to this file. Numerous background and position
papers were enclosed with this letter, including a detailed listing of
agencies, entities, corporations, and covert facilities associated with the
UFO/ET subject.

The UNLESS OTHERWISE DIRECTED (UNOD) format is routinely used in
governmental and military situations and indicates that unless otherwise
instructed, the position and described actions are approved implicitly.
This letter clearly stated that we intend to assemble as many bona fide
government officials and witnesses as possible, and that they will speak
publicly and openly about their knowledge of UFO/ET events and covert
projects.

Since the letter was issued, senior and reliable intelligence sources have
stated that no response or interference would be forthcoming vis a vis
plans for government witnesses to publicly come forward with their
testimony.

Significantly, as of 1 January 1997, no government entity, official,
agency, department or office has contradicted this assessment or stated
that such government witnesses are any longer bound to silence.

CSETI Director Dr. Steven Greer has been meeting with various government
officials, including members of the US Congress (House and Senate) to
discuss this matter and ask for open hearings on the subject of UFOs/ETI.

In preparation for these disclosures,and in light of the expiration of the
above deadline, a meeting of such military, intelligence, government and
corporate witnesses will be held later this winter.  Bona fide witnesses,
or contacts to such witnesses, should contact Dr. Steven Greer immediately
concerning participation in this event. A similar, but smaller, event was
organized by CSETI in 1995, and was attended by US Astronauts, US and
Russian military officials and others.

The meeting this winter will assemble a significant number of such
government UFO witnesses to meet with congressional and other public
officials and to request open hearings within the Congress, so that they
may testify openly about their knowledge and experiences related to
UFOs/ETI.

Should Congress not agree to open hearings, other venues, such as the
United Nations or a private disclosure event, will be pursued to effect a
publc acknowledgement of the reality of UFOs/ETI.

This notice may be distributed freely among all newsgroups, media and
interested parties, without further permission or restrictions.

CSETI
Steven M. Greer M.D., Director
xxx-xxx-xxxx; Fax: xxx-xxx-xxxx [removed 11/3/2011]
FROM:       Steven M. Greer M.D., Director of CSETI
RE:      UFO Military/Government Witnesses

To: President William Jefferson Clinton
       Vice President Al Gore
       National Security Advisor Tony Lake
       Secretary of Defense William Perry
       Secretary of State Warren Christopher
       DCI John Deutch
       General Shalikashvili, Chairman, Joint Chiefs of Staff
       Mr.  Arlen Specter,  Chairman, Senate Intelligence Committee
       Mr.  Larry  Combast,  Chairman, House Intelligence Committee
       Mr. Strom Thurmond,  Chairman, Senate Armed Services Committee
       Mr. Floyd Spence,   Chairman, House  National Security Committee
       Dr. Daniel  Goldin, Director of NASA

From: Steven M. Greer M.D., Director of CSETI

RE: Planned Disclosure on the UFO/Extraterrestrial Subject and
National Security Oaths

The CSETI (Center for the Study of Extraterrestrial Intelligence)
Project Starlight initiative has now identified several dozen former
and current military, intelligence and defense contractor related
witnesses to UFO/ETI events and projects.  As set out in a number
of documents and briefings (see enclosures) it is our intention to
have these important witnesses provide open, public testimony on
this matter in the very near future.

In the summer of 1995, we requested that the President take
appropriate steps to allow these witnesses to speak openly, without
civil, military or other penalties. Since then, there has been an
exponential growth in the number of such witnesses who wish to
come forward.  Some of them are elderly, and suffering from
serious medical conditions.  We feel that these patriotic and
courageous heros of our country - who very much wish to tell their
fellow citizens the truth on this matter- must not take this
information to their graves. Therefore, we are asking from you a
clear determination regarding their freedom  to speak openly on
this subject.

Over the past three years, we have found that members of
Congress, the Executive Branch, military and intelligence leaders
have not been briefed on this important matter, and that operations
related to the subject exist as 'unacknowledged' special access
projects.  Most operations exist in the private aspects of the
military industrial sector, with apparently extra-constitutional
funding and oversight.

As such, and until established otherwise to our satisfaction, we
regard these operations, and all so-called 'security oaths' derived
from them, as illegal, and therefore non-binding for these witnesses
mentioned above.

Therefore, UNLESS OTHERWISE DIRECTED BY 1 JANUARY
1997, we will move forward with a series of events whereby these
witnesses may provide open, public testimony.  If we do not hear
from you, or if we hear that you  concur, we will proceed with a
public disclosure after that date. Only if you notify us specifically
that such witnesses to UFO/ETI related matters are still bound to
silence will our plans for a disclosure by them be altered. As
mentioned in previous briefings and documents to members of the
Administration, the military, the Congress and others, it is our
intent to effect this disclosure in a way which is scientific, forward
looking and hopeful. It is not our intent to cause instability for our
nation or the world, but , rather , to mitigate the clear dangers
which current covert management of this issue presents. We invite
your advice, assistance and support in this process of disclosure on
a matter which is arguably the most important of the twentieth and
early twenty first centuries.

Testimony from these witnesses will include but not be limited to:

     >Retrieval of disabled extraterrestrial devices and
       extraterrestrial life forms

     >Reverse-engineering projects related to extraterrestrial
        technology

     >Reconnaissance and tracking of UFO/Extraterrestrial
       vehicles

     >Covert projects related to the subject

     >Confirmation of military/UFO encounter cases

     >The nature and scope of disinformation programs related
        to the subject

We hope to hear from you regarding this matter as soon as
possible.

Thank you for your attention to this request for a determination on
the status of these witnesses as it relates to providing public
testimony during 1997.

Respectfully,

Steven M. Greer M.D.
Director of CSETI