Accident at Fort Dix, NJ

From: Tom Walton
Date: Tue, 07 Jan 1997 07:39:44 -0500
Subject: Accident at Fort Dix, NJ

The incident at Ft Dix, NJ was actually some sort of missile accident
(non-nuclear) which I believe contaminated the ground area that you mention
with rocket fuel.  I think it was one of the old anti-ballistic missile
(ABM) missiles like a Bomarck.  I grew up in that area also (Jackson, NJ)
but am also unsure of the details.

Tom

At 11:15 AM 1/3/97 -0500, Jane Decker wrote:
<snip>
>Another note - There was mention of an atomic accident (power plant? msg.
>#12, Oct, 18, '96) that might refer to an accident at Ft. Dix in NJ.  It
>happened a long time ago and there is a large area that has been covered in
>concrete.  Sorry, I don't know the details.  I grew up about 30 miles from
>there and it was mentioned but I wasn't privy to details.
>I really like your newsletter.
>Jane

Tom Walton	Software Configuration Manager ____________________
     Inter-National Research Institute         |<><><><><><><><><>|
            Reston, Virginia                   |><><><  O  <><><><|
    (703) 715-9605  FAX: (703) 715-9606        |<><><  <|>  <><><>|
          twalton@rst.inri.com                 |><><> o/ \  ><><><|