re: Possible Janet 737 sighting in Panama

From: "Earl Needham, KD5XB, in Clovis, NM"
Date: Tue, 7 Jan 1997 07:23:58 -0800
Subject: re: Possible Janet 737 sighting in Panama

>  From: campbell@ufomind.com (Glenn Campbell, Las Vegas), on 1/6/97 8:18 PM:
>          I am almost certain that, based upon past intercepts, the "SPAR A4"
>  you heard was actually "SPAR 84".  The interesting thing is that this
>  aircraft has been identified several times as US Air Force 72-0284, a Boeing
>  CT-43A transport operated from Howard AFB in the Panama Canal Zone (hence
>  the 'HW' tail code) for the US Southern Command.  The aircraft you heard and
>  subsequently "optically" verified the identity of is USAF 72-0283,
>  evidentally also Howard-based, and performing the VIP transport mission.

	Interesting -- all the military callsigns I'm familiar with (except for
Marine 1 and Air Force 1) have the callsign going with the aircrew, not the
aircraft.
	Of course, I spent years in TAC, and  now ACC.  Are the Janet aircraft
run diffeently?

7 3
Earl Needham
Clovis, NM
Phi Mu Alpha Sinfonia, Pi Chi '76

From the Radio Amateur's Code:
Considerate, Loyal, Progressive, Friendly, Balanced, Patriotic