Misc. Replies: DFAS, 1000-man march, Lazar theories, etc.

From: campbell@ufomind.com (Glenn Campbell, Las Vegas)
Date: Sat, 11 Jan 1997 11:16:26 -0800
Subject: Misc. Replies: DFAS, 1000-man march, Lazar theories, etc.

[8 messages, mostly responding to previous ones.]

DEFENSE FINANCE AND ACCOUNTING SERVICE

From: falken@htonline.htonline.com
Date: Wed, 8 Jan 1997 20:15:06 +0000
Subject: Re: AREA 51: Defense Finance and Accounting Service Web Site

This is not true, supplies, (anything from toilet paper to a-bombs)
that are needed by covert operations (military or not), are NOT
always secured via normal supply chains.  The NSA as well as the CIA
and other government agencies operate their own supply
infrastructure.

While Area 51 may in fact get toilet paper, and floppy disks from
dfas.  The really sophisticated equipment generally comes from
companies that are funded in part or totally by intelligence agencies
of our government.  Their primary customers are the NSA (US National
Security Agency, the CIA, The CSE (Canadian Equivelant to the NSA),
and GCHQ (The British equivelant to the NSA).    However, some
extremely high tech equipment used by the military is also procured
via these high tech companies operated by or for the government.

Normal supply channels are to easily traced, especially if you are
trying to hide what you are doing.

HAVE FUN, BRING A GUN!

Date: Sat, 04 Jan 1997 00:20:50 -0800
From: [Correspondent not notified]
To: campbell@ufomind.com
Subject: 1,000 man march. idea, very important

I was just thinking. I have a very important idea, that could save
lives.its just a simple idea, that may have been overlooked. but very
important.anyway. When the 1,000 man march occurs, no doubt there's
gonna be area51 gaurds everywhere or something, and They ARE Authorized
to use DEADLY force. I just saying, If they decide to kill everybody
(that would suck) You would need to BRING A GUN to "PROTECT YOURSELF".
If you are being shot at, you have the right to FIGHT BACK!!! You should
just recommend to everyone, BRING A DAMN GUN! (its good to have a
License), But DAMNIT the US government has BROKEN so MANY damn Laws, its
not gonna hurt if we bring guns.

so Bring a Gun! (just in case)

PROTESTERS MENTIONED IN PEEBLES 'DARK EAGLES'

Date: Fri, 27 Dec 1996 22:16:24 -0800
From: Tom Mahood <tmahood@ibm.net>
Subject: Re: Quote from 1983 article

> [Note: In 1983, before the Groom Mountain Range was taken, the protesters
> would have been able to legally drive to the edge of the Groom Lake bed.
> However, that might not have helped them much, since the land near the
> lakebed is exposed desert with nowhere to hide. I wonder if this 1983
> incident and the worry about further intrusions might have prompted the
> Groom Range seizure in 1984.]

In Peebles "Dark Eagles" book, page 155, he says regarding the
protestors, "It was widely believed this incident caused the government
to take action." (Meaning the 1984 land grab.)

MICROSOFT FLIGHT SIMULATOR

Date: Sat, 04 Jan 1997 16:05:38 -0800
From: Craig Statham <cls@cyberwaves.com>
Subject: Microsoft flight sim

First off I was wondering if anyone knows of an addon for microsofts
flight Simulator version 5.0?

in an unrelated question does anyone here know about or been to
the web site http://www.nic.ddn.mil   It is the network information center
for the the Defence Data Net I think,

LAZAR THEORIES

[Re: AREA 51: Special Operations Manual and Bob Lazar]

From: FYale@aol.com
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 1997 19:26:25 -0500 (EST)
To: webmaster@ufomind.com
Subject: Your critical remarks

I don't know what to think about Lazar, but your critical remarks seem very
shallow leading me to question your motivations.  UFOlogists certainly don't
have anything on you when it comes to wild theories.  Russians using Lazar to
undermine Area 51 operations?  Yes, and I'm Hilary Clinton's half alien
brother.  You persuade me not.

Date: Sun, 29 Dec 1996 00:40:48 +0000
Subject: Re: AREA 51: Special Operations Manual and Bob Lazar
From: schryver@ixc.ixc.net

Then again, on the other hand, it could be our own government trying
to disseminate "false information".  In an attempt to cast doubt on
those in the UFO community.

Having also served in the Armed Forces for 22 years, I can tell you
that our government will go to great lengths to maintain control over
its people.

Date: Thu, 09 Jan 1997 23:32:18 -0800
From: StarWanderer <cosmology1@auburn.campus.mci.net>
To: webmaster@ufomind.com
Subject: Access Denied

Recently visited your site.  Question regarding access to the
area under general reference section, specifically jpg/gif file
archive.  Upon attempting to enter to view images document stating
that access denied to cgi/bin/ popped up.  I noted nothing on
the site that indicated one must be a "member" or what. So my
curiosity piqued as to why access would be "denied" to a general
section of material on a website that at least on appearance
supports access to government files and opposes the governments
denial to the general public on matters involving ufo/extraterestrial
issues.  Thank you for any insight to this question.

[When the computer says "access denied" you don't have to take it
personally. The /cgi-bin/ area of ANY server contains cgi programming
and is usually not read-accessible to anyone, friend or foe. I looked
at ours and don't see any .jpg's or .gif's...  but that's just
what I want you to believe. What's REALLY in that /cgi-bin/ and
WHY WON'T THEY LET US IN???? -- GC]

RESEARCH CENTER POLICY ON EMAIL

When you send a message to "webmaster@ufomind.com", we assume this to be a
public comment about the website, like a "letter to the editor", and unless you
say otherwise we may publish it on the website or email list.

If you send a message to me personally at "campbell@ufomind.com", I consider it
private email, and I generally will not publish it without your permission
(or at least giving you notice in the case of non-sensitive comments).

Glenn