Aurora at Davis-Monthan??

From: Joseph C Y-------
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 1997 11:40:30 -0700 (MST)
Subject: Aurora at Davis-Monthan??

I was riding south of Tucson with my Girlfriend last Wed. Morning when we
heard a really loud sonic boom.  I mean REALLY loud.  We had the radio
blasting and it shook our car really hard, I could clearly hear the crack
and
I almost swerved off the road.  It was right after sunrise so the light
was just coming above the horizon.  I got out of my car and saw doughnuts
on a rope, just like they have been described to me.  My girlfriend
confirmed it when I made her get out of the car and look.  Anyway,
obviously that
proves nothing, but Davis Monthan is just a few miles away.  I have always
thought of the base as pretty simple, with little or no classified
operations going on there.  can anyone else in the Tucson area confirm
this?

Joe Y-------