Misc.: Vatican Black Ops, Delorme, Greenpeace, etc. [8 msgs]

From: campbell@ufomind.com (Glenn Campbell, Las Vegas)
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 1997 11:15:53 -0800
Subject: Misc.: Vatican Black Ops, Delorme, Greenpeace, etc. [8 msgs]

8 Misc. Messages from 1996

[Cleaning house after a bottleneck of minor items at the end of the
year. Sorry for delay.  We feel better now. -- GC]

QUESTIONING VATICAN BLACK OPS

   [Responding to a posting in early Dec.:
   http://www.ufomind.com/area51/list/1996/dec/1996/v096n029.html#m9]

Subject: AREA 51: Re: Vatican Black Ops
From: dark_iz@juno.com (Andrew W Martin)
Date: Sat, 14 Dec 1996 16:05:00 EST

This man's story strikes me as either very fake or very, very scary.
Just a few things I'd like to know.

-What is the significance of "wormwood"  Is it a biblical reference?
-Wouldn't NASA have to know about an uplink to the Hubble?
-Why is the Hubble pointed at that particular comet?
-How did our mysterious author know what comet it was?  The Hubble
doesn't exactly give     captions.
-If the Vatican could have car crashes and plane wreaks arranged, don't
you think that they could find this guy?
-Since the Vatican obviously knows who this guy is, why did he withhold
his name?
-If he's on the run, why would he run the risk of getting e-mail?
Wouldn't that make him easier to find?
-Why would the Pope order the death of these people?  "Thou shalt not
kill" and all that.
-How could ne tell that the trail of e-mail went right on up to the Pope
if he couldn't read the messages?  Wouldn't the headers be encoded also?

Just a few good questions that lay the proper amount of doubt on this
guy's story.  If anyone has any good answers, I'd like to hear them.

-Andrew 'Dark Iz' Martin

GREENPEACE ROAD

Date: Mon, 16 Dec 1996 18:41:56 -0800
To: Tom Nichols <tnichols@zoom.com>
From: campbell@ufomind.com (Glenn Campbell, Las Vegas)
Subject: Re: Greenpeace Road?

>Hi!  I noticed on page 29 of the Groom Lake Security Manual a reference
>to Greenpeace Road.  I'm just curious, if you might know, whether that
>refers to highway 375, the 'black mailbox' road or the Old Corn Creek
>Road/Alamo Rd.?  --Tom :)

I've never thought about it.  There must be a story there.

REVIEW OF DELORME 3-D EXPLORER CD-ROM

Date: Mon, 23 Dec 1996 19:15:26 GMT
From: Tom Mahood <tmahood@ibm.net>
Subject: Re: AREA 51: New Delorme 3-D Explorer CD-ROM

>Thanks to an amazing CD-ROM I just purchased called 3-D Explorer USA you can
>hike anywhere in the good old US of A and look at the view from the ground
>or any altitude above the terrain up to about 13,000 ft. altitude

FYI, it requires Windows 95 to run.  It won't run under 3.1.  As a result, I
haven't bought it.  (I'm resisting Win95.) I've seen it run and other than
being mildly entertaining, there's not a lot of value to it.  I think the
Vistapro software is much more powerful, but even its usefulness is limited.

DREAMLAND, THE NOVEL

Date: Thu, 19 Dec 1996 22:42:15 -0500
From: Randal Kenny <kennyzoo@gate.net>

There is a really good novel out called "Dreamland: a Novel of the UFO
Coverup" by Hilary Hemingway and Jeffry P Lindsay.  These people have
spent the past eight years researching the UFO enigma which resulted in
this fictionalized account of events taking place at Area 51.  It was a
clever way of putting facts into a good story.

CLASSIFIED URL?

[Responding to a posting in Dec. which promoted a web site but failed to
give a URL.  We have also noted that the poster's email address does not
work. See http://www.ufomind.com/area51/list/1996/dec/1996/v096n030.html#m11]

Date: Fri, 20 Dec 1996 12:59:25 -0800
From: "A.J. Craddock" <craddock@ix.netcom.com>
Subject: How not to promote!  No URL

Score one for the Marketing Department!

A press release of a Web Page so secret that the URL is classified!

Tony Cradock

SOME PASSION

   [Apparently responding to
   http://www.ufomind.com/area51/list/1996/dec/1996/v096n030.html#m9]

Date: Fri, 20 Dec 1996 18:44:48 -0800
To: area51@lists.best.com
Subject: area51.psychology of 51'ers
From: wils131@ibm.net

What drivel. The goings on at area51 and other
similar installations is a fat waste of
tax dollars.  I resent my money going for stupid
secret flying war machines.  The government
should be exposed and ridiculed for conducting
such senseless operations.  Area 51 is the laughing
stock of the world.  Maybe if more people deviled
it to death, it and other places like it would go
away.  Who is the enemy?    rgds  James

Andrew, you don't speak for anyone but yourself.

POETRY?

Date: Tue, 17 Dec 1996 02:03:37 -0500
From: Curtis Kohl <agentk@grfn.org>
To: [Multiple]
Subject: Roo; the old switcha

we are being sub-atomicly taken apart and dismantled
the middle class is asleep and implanted
we are being manipulated by forces beyond our control and our
governments control, which is their worst fear
the wealthy are becoming more powerful; dynastic monopolies as well
soon they will demand our being IDchip tagged for safety
an implanted sense of security;
infants barcoded to prevent abduction
we must create a virtual community backlash network
to prevent the right wing P.C. aCopyclypse

UFO Museum
http://www.grfn.org/~eric/ufo.htm

CHEESE WHIZ

Date: Mon, 23 Dec 1996 21:38:05 -0700
From: Naughty <"Naughty@Byer Fam"@batnet.com>
To: campbell@ufomind.com
Subject: fgkon7k6

I would like to know just were I could sighn myself and my men in to
Area 51.And I am Cheese Whiz, generial,hunter,werdio,and co piliot of
the Fire Cruser.That ship is faster than the Mulanieum Falcon
including light speed.My comander is Generial Crisp,my curnal is
curnail De Young,and my partner and outher piliot,my driod friend
Beet.Zack@byerfam@batnet.com