Legitimacy of Security Manual questioned by Navy corpsman

From: campbell@ufomind.com (Glenn Campbell, Las Vegas)
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 1997 18:12:47 -0800
Subject: Legitimacy of Security Manual questioned by Navy corpsman

From: [Withheld]
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 1996 14:33:49 -0500
To: webmaster@ufomind.com
Subject: Legit of security manual...

I just read the security manual, as well as the reader's response as to the
validity of it. There is one possibility that both of you may have
overlooked.

I am a Navy Corpsman X-ray technician. My very first impression of the
document while I was reading it (before I started to dismiss it as a complete
phony) was that it reminded me of some department's S O P. (Standard
Operating Proceedure). Quite often, (In the Navy, at least) a single
department will generate an SOP for newcommers , and admin clarifications,
and general bottom-line "this is the way we do things". Quite often, a
department's SOP will have become quite outdated, and so someone will take
the initiative to make a new or updated one, or given the task to do so. Very
likely, this was just some Joe Schmoe's attempt at an SOP for their section
and it may not even have gotten approved by the command.  Just a thought. But
if it is a REAL security manual for the base,(or even a supplement, for that
matter) then I'm really glad I joined the Navy.

[The security manual is found at:
http://www.ufomind.com/area51/orgs/security/sec_man]