Government Worker Confirms Badge Colors

From: campbell@ufomind.com (Glenn Campbell, Las Vegas)
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 1997 21:28:06 -0800
Subject: Government Worker Confirms Badge Colors

From: [Withheld by request, apparently a government worker]
Subject: re: Area 51 badges
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 1997 22:04:57 -0800

>  From: PaulMcG@aol.com, on 1/14/97 9:29 PM:
<snip>
>  (Pink and yellow badges are used in very high security areas,
>  according to an Air Force security manual I have.)

        I believe your data is incorrect, as I've seen all three colors used at
various times on each comomn flight line I've worked on.  As an example, my
current badge is a light blue, but the one I had before that was yellow, at an
overseas base.  Before that, at another stateside base, we had pink, then had
to change to yellow.  I was told this was because a certain number of the old
color had been lost, and we had to change colors so the lost ones couldn't be
used illegally.

>  Also, Air Force security
>  badges often have numbers on the bottom that define what parts of a base a
>  particular individual is allowed in. It would be interesting if someone had a
>  list of these numbers for the various parts of Groom Lake AFB... (okay, we
>  don't know the base's real name, but "Air Force Times" refers to it as Groom
>  Lake AFB.)

        These numbers actually follow a hard pattern.  for instance, area 4 is
the flight line, area 15 is the bomb dump, area 10 is a temporary mobility
area, and I think area 5 is the command post.