Re: Security Clearances at Edwards AFB

From: Tom Walton
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 1997 09:50:08 -0500
Subject: Re: Security Clearances at Edwards AFB

Actually, the numbered squares indicate areas of the facility (base ops,
flight line, etc) that the person with the badge has access to.  It can be
an indicator of clearance level *if* you know what the numbers correspond
to, but not likely.

At 11:31 PM 1/16/97 -0500, you wrote:

>When I was at the Edwards AFB air=show years ago, I was looking at
>the B-2 and noticed the badge on the pilot. It had numbered squares,
>from 1-24, I think, and his was punched out on 21. Does this signify
>security clearance?
Tom Walton	     SCM Department Manager    ____________________
     Inter-National Research Institute         |<><><><><><><><><>|
            Reston, Virginia                   |><><><  O  <><><><|
    (703) 715-9605  FAX: (703) 715-9606        |<><><  <|>  <><><>|
          twalton@rst.inri.com                 |><><> o/ \  ><><><|