Archeological Reconnaissance of the Groom Range

From: campbell@ufomind.com (Glenn Campbell, Las Vegas)
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 1997 13:46:08 -0800
Subject: Archeological Reconnaissance of the Groom Range

A visitor recently showed me a government document that I wasn't
aware of but that may be of interest to hard-core Groom Lake
historians.

It is a report prepared as part of the Environmental Impact
Statement in connection with the 1980s withdrawal of the Groom
Mountain Range.  It is about 100-200 pages and reports on 265
archeological sites in the withdrawal area.

I haven't examined the document in detail and have yet tracked
down a copy locally.  This document  may be available from NTIS
(http://www.ntis.gov/text/ntishome.html) or by FOIA to Langley
AFB.

Here is all of the information that appears on the title page:

And Archeological Reconnaissance of the Groom Range
Lincoln County, Nevada

By Ronald L. Reno And Lonnie C. Pippin
With a contribution by Stephen R. Durand

Principal Investigator: Lonnie Pippin

Submitted to
U.S. Air Force
Headquarters, Tactical Air Command/DEEV
Langley Air Force Base, Virginia

August 1986

Desert Research Institute
Social Sciences Center
Technical Report No. 46

| Glenn Campbell                  campbell@ufomind.com |
| AREA 51 RESEARCH CENTER - Las Vegas & Rachel, Nevada |
| UFOs  -  Gov't Secrets  -  Philosophy  -  Psychology |
| http://www.ufomind.com     Box 448, Rachel, NV 89001 |