Re: Minor Miscellanea: Eglin Cold Hangar, Machrihanish

From: The Lurker
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 1997 07:59:21 -0600
Subject: Re: Minor Miscellanea: Eglin Cold Hangar, Machrihanish

Glenn Campbell, Las Vegas wrote:

> EGLIN COLD HANGAR
>
> Date: Mon, 13 Jan 1997 21:51:14 -0800
> To: wings@sky.net (Wayne Busse)
> From: campbell@ufomind.com (Glenn Campbell, Las Vegas)
> Subject: Re: Eglin Test Hangar
>
> >In passing recently, a friend of mine mentioned he had worked at Eglin AFB,
> >and told me they had a hangar they could chill down to below zero F.
> >He said it was really wierd having such a large,cold building in 90F heat.
> >
> >I hadn't thought anymore about it until your Eglin post.
> >Will see what more info is available.
>
> In fact, that was one of the pictures we saw at the DVIC Photo Archives:
> A B-1 bomber draped with ice in a hangar.
>
> Glenn

The McKinley lab, located at Eglin, is one of the largest climatic
chambers available in the world. It is operated by the 46th Test Wing
and is not part of the Wright Lab, the other major tenant of Eglin
Main. For those interested, the URL is:

http://tw1.eglin.af.mil/46ogp/mcl.html

--
The Lurker - "I Watch, I Listen"