government reveals sensitive radio information

From: PaulMcG@aol.com
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 1997 00:44:44 -0500 (EST)
Subject: government reveals sensitive radio information

If you've ever wanted to know how the U.S. government uses the radio
frequencies allocated to it, something they don't normally tell people, take
a look at this Web page:
  http://www.ntia.doc.gov/osmhome/nebbia.html
which explains how the U.S. government uses the RF spectrum from 137 MHz to
10 GHz. This Web page was put up by the Office of Spectrum Management, which
assigns frequencies to various users.

There are some very interesting revelations. For example, this Web page shows
420-450 MHz being used for new radars to detect low-observable ("Stealth")
aircraft. I had been aware of programs like the one code-named MOUNTAIN TOP
that is run by ARPA (the Defense Department's Advanced Research Projects
Agency) out at White Sands Missile Range, but I had not previously seen the
frequency range listed for these top of special radars.

Paul McGinnis / PaulMcG@aol.com
  http://www.frogi.org/secrecy.html  [military secrecy site]
  http://members.aol.com/paulmcg/    [home page]