Bill Cooper Claims Slander, Copyright Infringement on Ufomind

From: campbell@ufomind.com (Glenn Campbell, Las Vegas)
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 1997 10:12:07 -0800
Subject: Bill Cooper Claims Slander, Copyright Infringement on Ufomind

Is this the real Bill Cooper?  (Sure sounds like him.)  If so, this
is my first correspondence with him, and I feel honored. -- GC

From: "Harvest Trust" <harvest@whitemtns.com>
To: <campbell@ufomind.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 1997 23:18:08 -0700

Mr.  Campbell,

This is your notice required by law to remove all material which was
written by me or that is attributed to me immediately.  All of my writings
and speechs are copyrighted and anything written by me or that was spoken
by me that appears on amy of your web sites is an infringment of my
copyright.  Remove all material attributed to me whether actually written
or spoken by me or not. Failure to do this immediately will result in the
filling of suit in US District Court in the State of Arizona.

I have also found on this web site articles, paragraphs, and portions of
other writings that are bold faced lies, libel, slander, and otherwise
injurous statements and writings.  You are hereby noticed that you are to
remove all such infringments upon my lawfully protected rights immediately.
Failure to do this immediately will result in the filling of suit in US
District Court in the State of Arizona.

You are instructed to also cease and desist from selling any publication,
flyer, book, video tape, audio tape, or any other media immediately which
has any of my writings or that contains lies, slander, or libel concerning
me or my activities immediately.  Failure to do this immediately will
result in the filling of suit in US District Court in the State of Arizona.

Please... continue to fuck with me and make my day.

Your worst nightmare,
William Cooper

Date: Wed, 29 Jan 1997 10:02:45 -0800
To: "Harvest Trust" <harvest@whitemtns.com>
From: campbell@ufomind.com (Glenn Campbell, Las Vegas)
Subject: Re: Copyright Infringement

Dear Mr. Cooper:

Thank for your email message of 1/28/97 claiming copyright infringement
and slander on my website.

I see several issues pending:

1) How do I know you are really William Cooper?  Your email address
says "Harvest Trust", and anyone can claim to be anyone on the internet.
If you can provide a phone number or send me a letter, that would be
more convincing.

2) I am unaware of any copyright infringement of your work on my website.
If you can provide the URLs of specific documents that you believe are
infringing on your copyright, I would be happy to look at them to
see if some action should be taken on this matter.

3) If you feel that any documents on my website are "bold faced lies,
libel, slander, and otherwise injurous statements and writings", I
encourage you to write replies to them.  Give me the URL of each
document you believe is false, and I will make sure your response
is attached in the same location.  You can even attach your own
reply to any page on my site that has a comment feature at the
bottom.

4) You say: "Failure to do this immediately will result in the filling
of suit in US District Court in the State of Arizona."  (You mean
"filing" don't you?) Indeed, this sounds like William Cooper, who is
known for making such threats to any parties who question him.  If you
feel that you have not received immediate satisfaction on these copyright
and slander issues, I encourage you to proceed with this legal action.

Glenn Campbell
Director & Webmaster
Area 51 Research Center
PO Box 448, Rachel, NV 89001
702-729-2648

| Glenn Campbell                  campbell@ufomind.com |
| AREA 51 RESEARCH CENTER - Las Vegas & Rachel, Nevada |
| UFOs  -  Gov't Secrets  -  Philosophy  -  Psychology |
| http://www.ufomind.com     Box 448, Rachel, NV 89001 |