Re: The Law According to Bill Cooper [3 msgs]

From: campbell@ufomind.com (Glenn Campbell, Las Vegas)
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 1997 06:58:38 -0800
Subject: Re: The Law According to Bill Cooper [3 msgs]

Date: Thu, 30 Jan 1997 08:13:28 -0600
From: Dave B <bethland@ix.netcom.com>
Subject: Re: Bill Cooper Claims Slander,  etc. etc.

Harvest Trust wrote:

> This is your notice required by law to remove all material which was
> written by me or that is attributed to me immediately.

Is this something new?  Courts now recognize the internet as legal
notice?

Most lawyers I've dealt with send such things registered and with
certified receipt. Fortunately, that's been some time ago. :-)

BTW, here is the Internic report on "whitemtns.com" --

 NET QUEST WHITEMTNS-DOM
   4817 S. White Mountain Road
   Show Low, AZ 85901
   USA

   Domain Name: WHITEMTNS.COM

   Administrative Contact, Technical Contact, Zone Contact:
      Stevens, Audie  AS1007  audie@WHITEMTNS.COM
      5
   Billing Contact:
      Stevens, Audie  AS1007  audie@WHITEMTNS.COM
      5

   Record last updated on 07-Feb-96.
   Record created on 07-Feb-96.

 With a further query on Audie Stevens --

 Stevens, Audie AS1007           audie@WHITEMTNS.COM
   NET-QUEST
   1459 E CEDAR
   PINETOP, AZ 85901
   5

   Record last updated on 08-Nov-96.

Dave B on the fringe of Houston

From: mike@duncanryan.co.nz
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 1997 17:53:36 +0000
Subject: Re: AREA 51: The Law According to Bill Cooper (Made my day)

Who is Bill Cooper ? Why is anything he has to say so important that
you should be running off to a lawyer. I have been an avid reader of
this news group and I don't recall any revelations ascribed to Bill
Cooper. I must admit I'm in the habit of trashing the boring, and or
long winded. Does Bill fall into this category?

[FROM GLENN: For the amusement of this list, could someone please
describe Mr. Cooper and his Area 51 role?]

Date: Thu, 30 Jan 1997 06:01:52 CDT
From: egypt10@juno.com (Egypt N Ankhari)

Maybe I have missed something, here, but I am quite sure that Mr.
Campbell is not trying to perform acts of libel or slander.  Let me
suggest, Mr. Cooper, that you grow some thicker skin and stop getting
your BVDs in a bunch over little things.

Egypt