Misc.: Earthquake, Susan, Rockabilly, etc. [9 msgs]

From: campbell@ufomind.com (Glenn Campbell, Las Vegas)
Date: Fri, 7 Mar 1997 22:00:34 -0800
Subject: Misc.: Earthquake, Susan, Rockabilly, etc. [9 msgs]

EARTHQUAKE INFO

Date: Tue, 04 Mar 1997 10:55:20 -0800
To: area51@lists.best.com
From: "A.J. Craddock" <craddock@west.net>
Subject: Re: AREA 51: Mystery Sonic Boom in Phoenix

Try Dr. Kate Hutton at CalTech in Pasadena, Ca. for more information on the
sonic aspects of earthquakes and other phenomena.  Remember it was their
listening posts that first started picking up the alleged Aurora's sonic
signature, which was bizarre that it would appear at the same time of day
every time it was picked up.

There is also a USENET news group for earthquake discussions and associated
phenomena that is frequented by the CalTech people.

AREA 51 ON 'SUDDENLY SUSAN'

Date: Fri, 7 Mar 1997 09:43:53 -0500 (EST)
From: James R Graham <jrg@world.std.com>
To: area51@lists.best.com
Subject: Area51 mentioned in TV show

Hi all,
Last night (3/6/97), Area51 was mentioned on the show, "Suddenly Susan".
It was on in the other room--I was not watching it. Honest! Apparently,
some character helped out the president's neice or something and the pres.
was grateful and said if there was anything he could do, just name it.
They offered him an all expense paid trip to DC, but he declined and said
he'd rather go to Area51. And then he went on to describe how the crashed
alien discs are being reverse-engineered there. It did cause me to smile.

Subject: AREA 51: Re: Rockabilly
Date: Mon, 03 Mar 1997 11:23:37 -0500
To: area51@lists.best.com

I'd love to know who it is that sings the Rockabilly song mentioned in the
last digest, and what record it's on:

Take me to the Dreamland Bar & Grill
I need something I can only get here
Ribs, whitebread and ice cold beer

If anyone knows, please e-mail me, or perhaps the list could reveal the
answer.

Brad Hodges
brad.hodges@generalmedia.com

AREA 51 PAGE

From: AstroClark@aol.com
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 1997 14:00:31 -0500 (EST)
To: area51@lists.best.com
Subject: Re: AREA 51web page

I just made an area51 web page.
I wiuld be glad if you guys could check it out.
The URL is:  http://members.aol.com/astroclark/area51.html

Please tell me what you think

From: Tech 3000 <tech3000@tech3000.com>
Date: Mon, 03 Mar 97 16:22:49 -800
To: campbell@ufomind.com
Subject: flying saucer construction manual and handbook

We at tech3000 have researched and developed aerospace technology
for the past fifteen years with several years hands on experience
overhauling jet engines . We have designed and built a working model
of a flying saucer and we are now selling a manual on the construction
of a model flying saucer and a handbook on aerospace technologies.
You can check us out at http://www.tech3000.com
                                         Thank you
                                         tech3000

LATE SOURCE

From: ufologik@usa.net
Date: Tue, 04 Mar 1997 17:51:16
To: area51@lists.best.com
Subject: New Contact is gone :(

Title says it all friends.
I E-mailed him and he replyed and all it said was:
> We never had a conversation.

I'm sad now. He was my only 1st had area 51 source.

[ http://www.ufomind.com/area51/list/1997/feb/a13-002.shtml
http://www.ufomind.com/area51/list/1997/feb/a16-002.shtml ]

FIREFIGHTER TEXTBOOK

Date: Wed, 05 Mar 1997 16:37:34 -0500
From: "m.d. best" <hondo@zoomnet.net>
To: "campbell@ufomind.com" <campbell@ufomind.com>
Subject: FEMA TEXTBOOK DEALING WITH UFOS

Just thought you might be interested in an item originally found in the
January 1995 issue of Omni magazine.  According to the article, FEMA had
endorsed a textbook which included a chapter on handling crashed UFOS.
The "Fire Officers Guide to Disaster Control" by Charles W. Bahme and
William M. Kramer. There was no ISBN number listed. From a firefighting
point of view, a crashed UFO is handled much the same way as a suspected
hazardous materials incident without specific information on the
materials involved. Anyone with a copy, please post the ISBN. cheers...
mike

WETHER BALLOON?

Date: Fri, 7 Mar 1997 15:56:27 -0500
To: jrg@world.std.com
From: Dan Zinngrabe <quellish@shore.intercom.net>
Subject: Re: AREA 51: Nellis UFO Photos from Sightings
Cc: area51@lists.best.com

>Awhile ago, the TV show, Sightings, ran a segment on UFO sighting over
>Area S-30 (?) in the Nellis Range. I just found a website with screen
>captures of the object as it was caught on film by Nellis range cameras.

Doesn't look anything like any aircraft program I know of. Could, of
course, be a wether ballon, and the shape does resemble one from what can
be seen in the photos.

AMAZING AREA 51 SHOW... DIRECT FROM MINNESOTA

Date: Sat, 1 Mar 1997 12:46:30 -0600 (CST)
From: amazing4@ix.netcom.com (Timothy A. Johnson)
Subject: ANOTHER MAGIC SHOW FROM "AREA 51"
To: area51@lists.best.com

     THE AMAZING JEFF MAGICAIN TO DO A WHOLE SHOW FROM "AREA 51".
    JUST LIKE lANCE BURTON HE WILL DO A FULL LENGTH STAGE SHOW DEVOTED
TO AREA 51. HE WILL EXAMINE ALL THE STORIES BEHIND THIS INTERESTING
PLACE AND PERFOM AMAZING TRICKS AS WELL. THIS WHOLE SHOW WILL TAKE
PLACE SOMTIME IN JUNE IN EDEN PRAIRIE, MN. IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO HAVE
MORE INFORMATION ON WHAT IT IS ALL ABOUT AND PLAN TO BE IN THE EDEN
PRAIRIE AREA IN JUNE THAN JUST E-MAIL US AT: Amazing4@ix.netcom.com.
THANKS I THINK THIS WILL BOTH BE AN INTERRESTING AND INFORMATIVE TIME
FOR ALL OF US.