Authors Note from D.L. Sherman ("Insider")

From: campbell@ufomind.com (Glenn Campbell, Las Vegas)
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 1997 08:12:37 -0800
Subject: Authors Note from D.L. Sherman ("Insider")

[From http://www.spiritone.com/~wmpub/book.htm.  Also see our unofficial
Sherman link page at www.ufomind.com/ufo/people/s/sherman ]

- Author's Note -

The release of Project Preserve Destiny; Insider Account of an Alien
Government Cover-up has been delayed for legal reasons. I have run up
against some legal tangles that has forced me to rewrite some of the
book. I appreciate everyone's patience.

I have recently purchased the publishing company that was previously
in charge of the marketing of my book. I have taken a more
straight-forward traditional marketing approach. If you want it, buy
it, that's it. No marketing gimmicks. My friend, who previously owned
WM Publishing, had a great idea but I feel that it muddied the waters
too much. Too much emphasis was being placed on the marketing and not
enough on the fascinating story behind the book.

If you would like to be placed on the mailing list of people to be
notified when the book has been released, e-mail me and I'll be sure
to let you know.

If you have any comments or suggestions, please let me know by E-mail.
[mailto:wmpub@spiritone.com]

[Apart from this page describing the book, the rest of the Word-of-
Mouth website has gone away, including the "pyramid scheme" and the
prediction of 20 million copies sold. --GC]

[The introduction on the same page seems worth reposting (although it
may have been sent to this list before).  At least he writes clearly.]

- The Book -

The following is the Introduction taken from Project Preserve Destiny;
Insider Account of an Alien Government Cover-up:

The story documented in this book is an authentic 1st level account of
the existence of aliens. My hope is that it will be considered by
historians as the book that opened the gate to the flow of relevant
and concrete information regarding the existence of life other than
the type with which we are commonly familiar.

The release of alien information into the public domain has been a
gradual process. I'm convinced this story will turn what has been a
trickle of information up to now into an avalanche of 1st level
accounts.

What do I mean by 1st level accounts? Within the government there is a
core of individuals who not only know of the existence of alien life
but are working with the aliens, as a human/alien group, with several
goals in mind. Anyone who is or has been part of that group is
considered to be "1st Level." Personnel who serve in a support
function to the 1st are considered 2nd Level and are unaware of the
link between their jobs and the alien connection (they work with the
cover or 'Black' missions.) In addition, they are only referred to as
"2nd Level" by 1st Level people.

It becomes even more complicated. Within this classification system
there are separate and distinct categories within the Levels called
"Steps" which directly correspond with your "need-to-know." For
example, I believe a story that came out quite awhile ago from a man
who claimed he had worked on the propulsion system of an alien craft
while working with US Naval Intelligence was a 1st Level account at
the 5th Step, which is the lowest of the 1st Level Steps. His story is
the only one that I have come across that appeared to have possibly
come from a 1st Level experience but his need-to-know was so little
that we couldn't get an accurate picture of the alien project he was
working on solely from his story. Which, indeed, is one of the
purposes the protectors of alien information created the Level/Step
system.

In writing this story, I had to take certain precautions regarding
classified information. I will attempt to make the story as complete
as possible but there will be gaps of information that will seem
obvious and somewhat frustrating to the reader. One of them being the
sequence of events in relation to where I was stationed. Even though
the actual geographical locations of where I have been stationed is
not classified, relating them to certain inferences in this book are.
This book is not an attempt to undermine the security of our nation.
Everything I write in this book is relevant only to my involvement
with Project Preserve Destiny (PPD). PPD has nothing to do with
national security but has everything to do with a government who
unjustifiably feels the need to protect us from a particular area of
alien gathered information. (Referring only to PPD. Other alien
projects may be classified for good reasons.)

You'll be surprised to know that PPD is NOT classified. (For
clarification purposes, I'm sure there are many alien projects but I
will refer to PPD for that is the subject of my story.) At least not
in the traditional sense where you would see classified markings on
PPD documents. Instead, they have in place what's called the "onion
effect."

Within the center of this "onion" is the most highly regarded and the
highest of classified projects of which only a handful of people know
about (Level 1). The center of the onion always contains the alien
projects of which, I'm sure, there are many. In most cases, even the
commander of a site is not aware of the alien project.

Going one more layer out from the middle, you come to what's commonly
referred to as the "Black" mission (Level 2). The alien projects
effectively hide behind the existence of these other highly classified
missions. The existence of "Black" missions is only known by a handful
of Congressmen and the President. This "Black" mission is the last
line of defense for the alien projects. Wherever an alien project is
located there MUST be a "Black" mission to cover it's existence from
prying eyes. Otherwise the alien project would eventually come under
scrutiny.

On our journey to the outside of the onion we come to yet another
layer; the "Top Secret" layer (Level 3). It is this layer that hides
the existence of the "Black" missions. Still further we have the
"Secret" layer (Level 4) which shields the existence of the "Top
Secret," followed by the "For Official Use Only" (Level 5) layer and
last but not least the "Unclassified" layer. The Unclassified layer is
typically the one that is presented to the public. The other higher
layers are to keep people within the government/military establishment
from finding out what they don't need to know. It's called
compartmented information.

It's interesting to note, there are never any classification markings
on documents related to alien projects. (At some point in the past
they stopped. Early alien related documents probably had
classification markings.) This is the rationale: If alien related
documents were marked with classified markings and someone were to get
their hands on one, the markings would lend credibility to the
classified nature of the document thereby revealing the truth. If
there are no markings on any paperwork and it falls into the wrong
hands it has no substantial credibility. This is what's called
"plausible denial." Everyone assumes that classified information has
classified markings, right? Besides, there are so few people exposed
to alien projects that the documents can easily be accounted for by
other methods.

When someone is assigned to an alien project they are also assigned to
the collateral "Black" mission (cover mission). One of the reasons for
this is if someone were to reveal any alien information, by extension
they would most likely reveal something about the cover project and it
would be on this basis that someone would be prosecuted for divulging
classified information. By setting it up this way the government is
able to effectively silence and discredit someone without ever having
to acknowledge the existence of the alien project. This is why I must
be careful in revealing my story. Not only do I NOT want to be subject
to prosecution, I also have no desire to jeopardize our nation's
security by revealing any collateral "Black" mission information.

Besides fear of prosecution, another reason why someone would think
twice about revealing any information is that there is no physical
evidence readily accessible that would enable someone to verify the
validity of their story. So in coming forward with my story I risk not
being believed and outright ridicule as well. I have decided to take
that chance because I believe the story should be told and someone
from the 1st Level must take that first step to get the avalanche of
information started.

When I first learned of Project Preserve Destiny and my role in it, I
was very proud. Imagine being in a position of knowing what I knew,
that aliens actually DO exist. Especially because of all the
publicity, in recent years, that has surrounded the subject of aliens.
Then imagine finding out that you'd been given the ability to
communicate with them on top of it all. Then to make matters
practically unbearable, you knew you wouldn't be able to tell anyone.
More importantly, even if you did tell someone, you risked being
thought of as crazy. Well the time has come. It has taken several
years of soul searching but I have finally decided to make your story
known.

I say "your story" because it is just that. The information revealed
in this book is important to the future of man. I know this sounds
grandious, but it's true nonetheless. It will be interesting to learn
what the world will do with the facts written about in this book.
Finding out we are not alone in this universe is exciting, but the
other things you'll learn from this story may not be so enchanting.
There is always a price to pay for knowledge.