Misc: The Novel, Migs, Open House, etc. [8 msgs]

From: campbell@ufomind.com (Glenn Campbell, Las Vegas)
Date: Tue, 6 May 1997 10:06:44 -0800
Subject: Misc: The Novel, Migs, Open House, etc. [8 msgs]

AREA 51 - THE NOVEL

Date: Mon, 28 Apr 1997 13:16:06 -0400
From: "Dr. Robert W. Hatfield" <Robert.Hatfield@UC.Edu>
Subject: Area-51... the Novel
To: "'Glenn Campbell'" <campbell@ufomind.COM>

Have you gotten around to reading Robert Doherty's sci-fi novel,
Area-51?  (His real name is Robert Mayer.  He writes sci-fi under
Doherty pen name.)  Frankly, I wasn't expecting much when picked it up
to read, but very pleasantly surprised.  It is well researched and a
plausible rip-roaring tale.  (He is working on a sequel to be released
next summer.)  Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure you were killed by the
government in the first few chapters.

[The Research Center Catalog will be carrying it shortly. -- GC]

MIGs AT GROOM LAKE

From: PattonP@aol.com
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 1997 09:00:46 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: more migs

In his new book Wings of Fury, Robert Wilcox describes a successor
program to the Have Drill and Have Doughnut programs of Soviet
aircraft evaluations at Groom.   Called Constant Peg, it looked
especially at MiG 23s and in his telling was based at Tonopah
beginning mid-Eighties.  The group involved was the familiar  4477th
TES or Red Eagles.  The program was supposedly concluded in 1988.
Wilcox, who described earlier MiG programs at Groom in his previous
book, does not discuss relationship of Constant Peg to Groom, or
suggest that it replaced Groom programs.

BLACK PROJECTS IRC CHAT CHANNEL

Date: Thu, 24 Apr 1997 20:33:06 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: New UFO/Area51/Black Project Chat!
From: Dan Burcaw <danb@morbius.ezlink.com>

There is a new chat channel on irc based upon UFOs, Area51, Black
Projects, and more. To check it out, point your IRC Client to
irc.castlenet.org 6667. Then join #Area51.

YOUR SERVICES NO LONGER REQUIRED

Date: Tue, 29 Apr 1997 09:36:02 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Your Services No Longer Required
From: [withheld by request]

Dear Glenn:

I am writing this at great personal risk, but I feel I must tell you.  I
overheard my superiors discussing your case, and I regret to have to
inform you that your services as a GDA(Government Disinformation Agent)
are no longer required. Luckily, termination is not being considered in
your case.

Their plan involves making known to you all of the evidence regarding
EBEs, ASCs, etc., including actual physical evidence.  The resulting
shock will then turn you into a "babbling idiot", and as you relate the
details to the public, you will lose all credibility.

This action should 'turn off' all but the most paranoid UFO fanatics.

I hope you make it.

BLACK TRIANGLE IN ENGLAND

Date: Tue, 22 Apr 1997 20:05:55 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Black Triangle Landed in England.
From: Miles Johnston <101341.2055@compuserve.com>

Hello its Miles from England:- just a word about a black "stealth
like" aircraft that was landed in West London, in a filed in a place
called Staines.

2 people were seen by witnesses, who came from the craft. A man and a
woman pilot.

The witnesses talked to the crew, and were told they were from 50
years in the future. The male pilot said they were not to talk about
it, they then took off and left.

Reported in the local free newspaper the Informer..  in Hounslow,
London.

HIGHWAY 375 SPEED LIMIT

Date: Sat, 26 Apr 1997 01:04:35 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Highway 375
From: Charles Ames <cdames@dysartud.k12.az.us>

Here's a brief and unremarkable update for people venturing into Lincoln
County, Nevada. The "famous" Black Mailbox is now white, perhaps the
original was stolen as a somewhat bulky souvenir. Highway 93 north from
Interstate 15 is now 70 mph except through Alamo and Ash Springs where
the speed limit remains the same.  Highway 375 is also 70 mph except
over Hancock Summit where it remains 45 mph. Maybe Lincoln County
authorities have become tourist friendly, or at least tolerant.

>From a visit to "Just outside of" Area 51 near Bald Mountain, April
22-24, 1997.

EPA WATERSHED MAP

Date: Fri, 02 May 1997 12:00:38 -0500
From: vlent@worldnet.att.net
Subject: EPA Map of Groom Lake et al

Take a look at the map I ordered at
*
http://www.epa.gov/r10earth/pickup/national/t0502120638.gif
*
I asked the USGS for Groom Lake, then asked for the EPA Watershead Map.
It is the Tikaboo Valley watershed with all EPA "problem sites" such as
RICRA, CERCLI etc. marked.  It can be ordered in a variety of formats by
starting at the USGS map site as I'm sure you have done before, but ask
for maps from other agencies such as this EPA map.  No reply, no credit,
and yes a check is in the mail.  "Checking" your site is usually the
hi-lite of my daylight hours.

OPEN HOUSE?

Date: Fri, 02 May 1997 16:23:13 -0500
From: Jay Hosfelt <jayh@7thlevel.com>
To: webmaster@ufomind.com
Subject: area 51, 4th of July

My girlfriend was watching the news and they mentioned something about
Area 51 being opened for 4th of July.  She said the ticket prices were
costly and there was a very limited amount.  Do you know anymore
information about this?