Green Fireball Sighting in Las Vegas [news]

From: campbell@ufomind.com (Glenn Campbell, Las Vegas)
Date: Wed, 7 May 1997 18:19:08 -0800
Subject: Green Fireball Sighting in Las Vegas [news]

From http://www.lvrj.com/lvrj_home/1997/May-07-Wed-1997/news/5330735.html

Las Vegas Review-Journal
Wednesday, May 07, 1997

GREEN LIGHT IN SKY MYSTIFIES RESIDENTS

Three North Las Vegas residents saw a bright green light dropping from
the sky Monday night, but they are loath to call it a UFO because of
the ribbing they would get.

"My name? It's Humperdinck," joked Scott Finley, 40, who was standing
outside a North Las Vegas home about 8:30 p.m. when he and two others
saw a green ball of light fall from the sky.

"I had just walked up and was listening to their conversation. A few
of us were looking out across the street, and we saw it," he said. "It
came in at about a 60-degree angle. It was moving, but it was big. It
had to be big because it looked like it was beyond Sunrise Mountain."

From where they were watching on Monte Alban Drive, in the area of
Lone Mountain Road and Camino Al Norte, the light looked, Finley said,
about the size of a basketball above the two-story house across the
street. The ball appeared for a split second, Finley added, then
dropped out of sight.

The North Las Vegas Police Department had no reports of a green ball.
Nellis Air Force Base officials could not be reached for comment.

Finley, who works in maintenance at the North Las Vegas Airport, said
the object looked like an upside-down mushroom.

"I'm not saying I saw a flying saucer or that I saw a UFO. But I saw
something just big and green."