Gov't Projects "Wilder Than Your Imagination"

From: campbell@ufomind.com (Glenn Campbell, Las Vegas)
Date: Thu, 8 May 1997 08:31:04 -0800
Subject: Gov't Projects "Wilder Than Your Imagination"

[Posted with permission. Slightly edited to protect author and source.
-- GC]

Date: Wed, 7 May 1997 04:25:19 -0500 (CDT)
From: [Withheld by request]
Subject: area 51
To: campbell@ufomind.com

Mr. Campbell,

    While scanning the web I found your stuff, and enjoyed your sense
of humor as well as your logic regarding folklore, etc.

    On one page you requested stories of interest, even if no
substantial proof could be offered. I have not shared this story in any
open way for over 5 years, but I believe it to be true, and it
certainly lent credence to my own beliefs regarding Area 51. My
concerns have been the "folklore" aspect of the story (if there is no
proof, why perpetuate the story?), and the personal safety of the
individual who told it to me. If, in fact, it is true, his job, or even
his life, could be endangered.

    Here goes, There's this guy, see? (pretty original, huh?). I have
known this guy for over 20 years, we don't see each other often, but
have kept somewhat in touch. Every few years a few of us get together
for reunions, home town visits, etc. I know his background, have a
rough knowledge of his educational level (aeronautical eng. & what have
you), and I know his character - including his sense of humor. If what
he discussed with me was pure fiction, he is the most well studied
psychopath I've had the pleasure of knowing. (That, of course, may be
true even if this was NOT fiction.) I also know that he has a very high
security clearance. He and another old school buddy of ours came down
for a visit about 5 years ago when we lived in Florida

    He is a civilian, working on gov. projects, his specialty is
------------. After the usual round of ------------------ jokes we
talked about the, then, not too old news regarding stealth aircraft.
One thing led to another, and we were talking about Area 51, Wright
Pat., and other places he was getting assigned to from time to time.
My, then, wife also worked in the aerospace industry, and I think her
clearance was GS 15, she had a red dot on her ID badge the last time I
looked, and that came after a whole lot of other colors she'd had,
including BLACK! In any event her knowlege of the system lent
credibility to his security level, and plausability in general.
He wasn't going into alot of detail, but he knew of my interest in UFOs
and I was gently trying to weasel information out of him.

    The little "bytes" of information I got were... regarding area 51,
and what goes on there....

    "It's bigger, and more wonderful than you could possibly imagine."

    I got the distinct impression he wasn't talking about the
landscaping and interior decor. He also said, "you like Star Trek, the
Star Wars movies, stuff like transporters, phasers, stuff like that?"
To which I said yes, and he said, "Bill, in even YOUR wildest
imagination you wouldn't believe the stuff we have, and the stuff we
can do. It's beyond all that crap!"

    At this point I'm pressing, talking about Roswell, saucers, rumors
of technology and cover-up, when he said that most of the rumors were
wrong, that most of what you hear is a bunch of crap, I keep pressing
and he finally said, " OK, OK, I'll say this once, I won't say it
again, and don't ask me for any details, OK?  At this point I would
have agreed to just about anything for what seemed to be, and turned
out to be, a bombshell... (understand that I'm watching this guy's eyes
and body language and he's dead-ass serious,) he said, "There ARE
aliens on this planet."

    "There are aliens on this planet."!!! Well, all of us were on him
in a heartbeat, trying to get him to talk, but he became very serious
about not being able to say any more than he had. That was it, end of
discussion.

    I haven't talked to this guy in quite a while, but in the 5 years
since, our third buddy has, and he's tried to get more info but no
dice. The guy won't talk about it.

    I don't think this story, by itself, can be of much substantive
value, but I wholeheartedly believe this stuff to be true. I know the
source well, He is certainly in a position with access, and I don't
think he was pulling my chain.

    In looking back at my files I just found that it was another
website that was requesting stories. I was ready to change the address
and send this off but my program won't do that for some reason.
Might as well see what YOU think.