Misc: PBS, Rachel, etc. [4 msgs]

From: campbell@ufomind.com (Glenn Campbell, Las Vegas)
Date: Fri, 9 May 1997 07:24:10 -0800
Subject: Misc: PBS, Rachel, etc. [4 msgs]

AREA 51 ON PBS

From: Rich McIntosh <Rich.McIntosh@ci.sj.ca.us>
Subject: Possible film of Area 51?
Date: Thu, 08 May 1997 07:57:24 -0700

On Thursday night 5/7/97 on one of the local PBS stations there was a
documentary (American Experience series) on Kelly Johnson and his work
on the U-2. The title was "Spy In The Sky"  Mr. Johnson was quoted as
refering to the remote site as "Paradise Ranch".  It was obviously a
desert site and while none of the former Lockeed employees made any
specific remarks with regard to location, the film did show extensive
shots of the mountains and desert surrounding the field.  Was the
testing of the U-2 done in and around Area 51 or another location? PBS
does have a web page for both the series and this particular episode but
they did not include any photos of the testing site.  This testing of
course was done in the early to mid 50's and I suppose now the area
bears little resembelance to the activity that currently takes place
there.  Just curious.

UFO BOOK WANTED

From: Brad Hodges <brad.hodges@generalmedia.com>
Subject: Good UFO Book wanted
Date: Thu, 8 May 1997 14:04:49 -0400 (EDT)

I've been doing some reading of UFO literature lately, and I've been left
wanting. What I'm looking for is a history of the UFO phenomenon from a
folklorist's angle--the sociology, anthropology, and cultural imprints of
UFO hunting. What I'm not interested in is proof or disproof of UFO's or
alien abductions. If anyone has any suggestions, feel free to e-mail me
off-list.

RACHEL TESTAMONIAL

From: JM21760@aol.com
Subject: Rachel, Nv
Date: Tue, 6 May 1997 23:31:44 -0400 (EDT)

Howdy, passed thru Rachel 3 years ago after a bad divorce experience. Took
the summer off & spent all my money. Fell in love w/ the remoteness of the
NV. out-back. things are better now, but on arecent junket to Vegas, rachel
was foremost on my list of places to go. Took my new wife out there, and once
again I loved it. New wife called  it Bum----! Of course  that's what I call
Vegas.  Had a cold 1 at Lil'a'le'inn& got some souvineers (sp.). Sometime I'd
like to approach the boundry, just to check it out. I've got Groom Lake road
 down, as to location, as I,m an avid map collector, navigator, & akiller
sence of direction. So, this is sort of a new hobby for me. I just really
love the feeling of unspoiled, wide open wilderness. A51 just makes it all
the more interesting!  All 4 now, AOL # JM21760.

B-2 COLOR

From: IDMA@aol.com
Subject: Re: AREA 51: Nellis North Range Trip Report
Date: Sat, 19 Apr 1997 15:30:46 -0400 (EDT)

re: Sasquatch remarking about the suspected B-2 being in black livery.  I see
B-2s on a regular basis at Edwards and the only color those (or that, it
could always have been the same one) were always black.  Never have seen one
there in "haze grey".  Would like to though.  When I go to Edwards I usually
take the perimiter road around the east side of the base and then go out on
the lake bed on the "shuttle viewing area" which is well marked.  I have been
approached and allowed to stay and also kicked out on occasion.