Roswell Incident featured in 6/97 issue of POPULAR

From: "Meinrad Eberle"
Date: Thu, 22 May 1997 12:25:30 -0800
Subject: Roswell Incident featured in 6/97 issue of POPULAR

The following teaser was detected on http://www.popsci.com/roswell/ while
me spreading my wings early this morning:

"Feature story of 6/97 issue of POPULAR SCIENCE: What really happened at
Roswell?

Whatever crashed in Roswell 50 years ago is a matter of dispute. But
whatever happened then is making skeptics and believers flock this July to
new Mexico to celebrate the most legendary of UFO crashes. Explore our
database of people, locations, objects and dates via our scavenger hunt
game, answer our UFO poll questions, post in our forums, browse the best
Roswell links and check out Hollywood Online's top ten alien-invasion
movies."

COMMENT:  I haunted Roswell Airfield last month. The Air Force renovated
almost the whole base. Hangars and buildings now shining off in light
desert-brown. A high new tower. And strange things are still going strong
down there: Hangar # 1935, close to the fuel tank farm in the  northwestern
corner, has definitely become the best protected spot of the base: Big
videocamera mounted on the roof, surveilling the paved access road.
Building in outstanding dark grey. High barbed wire fence at the gate.
Special keypad-access control unit there. Only about three minutes after me
approaching that site to take pictures of Roving Sands' F-14 Tomcats coming
in, a blue Ford with NM license plates comes crawling down the road. Two
civilians. Black sunglasses. Binocs. They check me out! Being out of
film-ammo, I jump back into my car, swing it around, pushing the pedal to
the metal. Which makes Navy Intelligence-folks pull back swiftly and dash
down Earl Cummings Boulevard (Navy? Because Roswell base was shape-shifted
into a Navy aircraft carrier during Roving Sands exercise!) . The Air Force
usually running the place seems particularly worried about THAT hangar
(actually, it's two hangars built together).....No problemo to hang around
the place's fenceline elsewhere..... And no, it's not the 24 hours alert
craft site. So what is stored inside Hangar # 1935 at Roswell?

-The Swiss Mountain Bat
  Batwing CMD, Switzerland