Secret Base in San Bernardino? [2 msgs]

From: campbell@ufomind.com (Glenn Campbell, Las Vegas)
Date: Wed, 28 May 1997 19:26:24 -0800
Subject: Secret Base in San Bernardino? [2 msgs]

SECRET BASE IN SAN BERNARDINO?

Date: Thu, 22 May 1997 15:49:29 -0400 (EDT)
From: campbell@ufomind.com (Glenn Campbell, Las Vegas)

In a private email, thunder@rippers.com wrote:

>A lawyer friend of mine lives in Detroit. Yesterday he had lunch witha
>county official who had just returned from a conference of county
>officials. He was talking about Detroit and was comparing something to
>San Bernadino. My friend said that he repeatedly made reference to
>a "super secret Air Force Base" located in San Bernadino. He questioned
>the official as to the name of the base, but the man either didn't
>know or just refused to tell the name. Do you have any idea what he
>was talking about.

There certainly isn't a super secret Air Force Base in the _City_ of
San Bernadino, which is a pretty dense area.  The Air Force base there
is Norton, which is being closed.  (I've been there, and there is little
chance of anything too secret there, aside from offices.)

The _County_ of San Bernadino is another story, however, since it covers
a vast area of Southern California, all the way from the L.A. area to
the Nevada border.  Fort Irwin, Twenty-Nine Palms Marine Base and parts
of China Lake Naval Weapons Center are located within the county.  The
idea of a secret air base within these areas is not impossible (although
I would regard a large facility as improbable).

It seems odd that a county official would be uncomfortable about talking,
though, since there is no secrecy in county affairs.  If there was a
secret facility within an existing military reservation, I don't see
why the county would need to know about it -- or why a county employee
would have to clam up about it. -- GC

UNDERGROUND ALIEN BASES IN CALIFORNIA

From: [withheld]
Date: Sun, 25 May 1997 03:51:18 -0400 (EDT)
To: campbell@ufomind.com
Subject: Underground bases

Hi Glenn,
I was just wondering if you knew the exact directions on how to find an
entrance to an underground alien base, preferrebly in California???

[Exact directions always seem hard to come by, but I know they're
out there, somewhere in California.  --GC]