Misc: Roswell Hangar, Gov't Plates & So Much More! [21 msgs]

From: campbell@ufomind.com (Glenn Campbell, Las Vegas)
Date: Wed, 28 May 1997 19:35:19 -0800
Subject: Misc: Roswell Hangar, Gov't Plates & So Much More! [21 msgs]

ROSWELL HANGAR

[Regarding: http://www.ufomind.com/area51/list/1997/may/a22-002.shtml]

Date: Fri, 23 May 1997 17:35:24 +0100
From: Steve Douglass <webbfeat@arn.net>
To: webmaster@ufomind.com
Subject: Roswell Hangar

I was down in Roswell with Meinrad. The hangar he is talking about is in
the NE corner not the NW. Knowing the base more than well, I can tell
you for a fact, it is not where they build busses.

The hangar is protected by a high security fence, camera and keypad for
gate entry. During Roving Sands the hangar was guarded closely but last
week, when I was down in Roswell, it was not. Meinrad posted a photo of
the hangar and I will scan it is ( B&W) and send it on to you.

All the while down in Roswell, I never saw the hangar open up but a
hummer with  MPs did park in front of it at all times. Rumor has it
theat the hangars are used for transient alert militray aircraft that
are based elsewhere from time to time.

Other than that, there doesn't seem to be any permanent military
presence at RIAC.

GOVERNMENT LICENCE PLATES

From: [withheld]
Date: Mon, 19 May 1997 21:41:55 -0400 (EDT)
To: campbell@ufomind.com
Subject: EG&G/Gov't plates

A reminder:
Gov't plate tracking can be a useful source of information but beware:
many 'sssssshhhhhh' department operators are issued a series of random
plates/vehicles that they change at irregular intervals. I advise sticking
with the property detection work rather than wasting your time with vehicle
plates etc., unless you find out which department is paying tabs for it or
has its registration on file.

NELLIS AIR SHOW FANTASY STORY?

[Regarding: http://www.ufomind.com/area51/list/1997/may/a27-001.shtml]

From: mike@duncanryan.co.nz
Subject: Re: Mysterious pissed off person at Nellis Air Show
Date: Tue, 27 May 1997 02:32:40 -0400 (EDT)

Am I the only one who thinks this is a fantasy story ? There are far
too many gaps in reason for this to be remotely plausible. In the
history of this news group we have seen many more stories which are
far more cleaver, this effort rates a 3 1/2 out of 10. Any thought ?
Any nominations for most clever story seen on these pages ?

NELLIS AREA II ALUMNUS IS A BELIEVER

From:    [Withheld]
To:      area51rc@aol.com
Date:    97-05-26 07:40:52 EDT
Subject: Saying hey

Just read most of all these web sites on Area 51....  Hey count me in as a
believer.....  I was stationed at Nellis 83-85, Area II; never heard one
thing about aliens.  I was more intrested in chasing women and gambling..
But really, while on Nellis for over 2 years I really never heard much
about aliens...  then again, back then who did?????  Still believe though,
universe is just to big, theres got to be life elsewhere.....  Thanks for
the readings....  I'll keep a reading.....

GROOM LAKE PHOTOS

Subject: Some Good Pictures of Groomlake(AREA51)
From: fred stals <f.stals@oke.nl>
Date: Fri, 23 May 1997 05:30:32 -0400 (EDT)

In this page are some good pictures of Area51 and
UFO sightings by astronauts (also good Pictures)

http://www.geocities.com/area51/corridor/6130

[Best at http://www.page4life.nl/AuroraProject/pictures.htm. Apparently
scanned from magazines, but still useful.]

PBS SHOW ON U-2

From: Rich.McIntosh@ci.sj.ca.us
Date: Fri, 09 May 1997 07:01 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: Possible film of Area 51? -Reply

On Thursday night 5/7/97 on one of the local PBS stations there was a
documentary (American Experience series) on Kelly Johnson and his work
on the U-2. The title was "Spy In The Sky"  Mr. Johnson was quoted as
refering to the remote site as "Paradise Ranch".  It was obviously a
desert site and while none of the former Lockeed employees made any
specific remarks with regard to location, the film did show extensive
shots of the mountains and desert surrounding the field.  Was the
testing of the U-2 done in and around Area 51 or another location? PBS
does have a web page for both the series and this particular episode but
they did not include any photos of the testing site.  This testing of
course was done in the early to mid 50's and I suppose now the area
bears little resembelance to the activity that currently takes place
there.  Just curious.

MORE ON THE BIGELOWIAN CONSPIRACY

From: Geehart@aol.com
Date: Tue, 27 May 1997 17:27:02 -0400 (EDT)
To: [multiple]
Subject: Bigelow is a Thief

It may interest you to know that one of the key issues in Bigelow's purchase
of the Utah ranch near Roosevelt last fall was that there were alleged alien
artifacts found on the property, before Bigelow signed the paperwork. Bigelow
made some rather wild statements, according to three witnesses, involving the
five jet-black metal rods that Bigelow requested to take for testing and
would not return.

Bigelow himself said they had unusual physical and electrical characteristics
in addition to being extremely hard, then changed his story. He told the
former ranch owner they were just carbon rods from old batteries and
suggested the rancher spread this story around to the other people in town
the rancher had shown them to.

Bigelow would not return the rods, which he never purchased outright and had
no ownership rights to, expecting his concocted explaination to settle the
matter. There is no recourse for other reputable researchers to take but to
say Robert T. Bigelow, whatever else he is, is indeed a thief and all
research done by his organization and with his finacial backing is inexorably
tainted.

ERICH VON DANIKEN THEME PARK

From: "Meinrad Eberle"<Meinrad_Eberle@swissre.com>
Date: Wed, 28 May 1997 11:21:09 +0100
Subject: BATWING CMD: Erich von Daeniken plans theme park in Switzerland

DER BOTE DER URSCHWEIZ reports in its 5/22/97 issue as follows:

"Author Erich von Daeniken plans to open a theme park at
Interlaken AFB in central Switzerland in 2001. The privately
financed 60'000 square-meters park would like to present unsolved
earthly riddles in an attractive way. Costs are expected to be 40
million Swiss Francs. With Swiss Air Force partly doing without
Interlaken AFB due to the deployment of the recently purchased
F/A -18s, discussions about a civil use of the area are going on
at present."

COMMENT: With Erich von Daeniken being into ancient astronauts
research, we expect the park's exhibits to be quite  colorful
ones, to say the least. Furtheron, its setting would be very
spectacular: The snow-capped Bernese Alps with Mount Eiger,
Moench and Jungfrau are just a stone's throw away. If von
Daeniken finds enough willing souls ready to finance this
masterpiece, we'll be dealing with just another interesting
destination for tourists climbing up and down the Swiss Alps.

[More on Von Daniken: http://www.ufomind.com/ufo/people/v/vondaniken/]

VIEDO TAPED OBJECT OVER MINGES MOUTIEN

From: "michael thomas" <sparkyt@primenet.com>
Subject: ufo's az
Date: Fri, 23 May 1997 03:46:25 -0700

on march 13 1997 i and many friends saw the five objects over prescott az.
when they flew in front of the moon you could see right through them.  i
have about 4 min of viedo but there is only one object on that viedo.  all
so over the past summer i viedo taped a object over minges moutien.  at
that time i called abl. center to check hard returns on radar however no
return.  i have connections at nelis afb. no returns on that radar for
either of thes events.  note i am a p.p. with over 250 hrs lodged and over
500 hrs. total.i have attened e.r.a.u. at prescott, az and know more.  need
contact asap.

AREA 6413 REVELATIONS

From: [withheld]
Date: Wed, 28 May 1997 15:45:56 -0500
Subject: urgent

Have urgent news.  Found new location of "area 51".  Code-named
Area 6413.  No joke.  Consult "Popular Mechanics", issue of June '97.
Original "Area 51" deserted.  No more guards.  Only locks on the
gates that are months old.  Please e-mail me back. I have tons of
info.

From: [withheld]
To: campbell@ufomind.com
Subject: Great job again.
Date: Sun, 25 May 1997 17:10:40 -0700

I attached a comment to your page.  I know you are a VERY busy
man, but if you have time, I'd like to know what you are going to do
now that Area 51 moved, (if it did).  I feel sorry about all the work you
put into this just to have them move.

TYPE        : COMMENT
PAGE        : /area51/desert_rat/index.shtml
NAME        : "Rocko"
EMAIL       : elaine1@shore.net

 ----- Comments -----

Area 51 has been moved to White Sands,Utah.
It is now offically called "Area 6413"
It was moved do to tourism.  That's all I can say.
If you don't belive me, read Popular Mechanics.

Date: Mon, 19 May 1997 14:51:08 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Area 51 hoax?  No Way.
From: "Dwain Mayfield" <dwain1771@hotmail.com>

I agree with the May 17 listing about Area 51 being claimed a hoax.  We all know
that it's not.  I for one have seen it from the air.  What in the hell is a base
doing out in the middle of nowhere?  Oh, I'm sorry, where the "Weather Balloon"
crashed.  THAT was a bunch of bullshit.  It was a UFO and anyone from Rosewell
can tell you that it was NOT a "Weather Balloon".  I have proof (pictures and
video tape) to prove that it is there!  How can they deny it now???  How many
people here agree with me?  Or am I alone on this?
Dwain Mayfield
"A horse is a horse of course,unless your horse is 3 time show grand champion"

DESPERATELY SEEKING END-OF-TERM EVIDENCE

From: [withheld]
Date: 97-05-23 22:10:43 EDT

I need some evidence that aliens exist for my project for English class.
Could you send me some pictures of the evidence, like a video of the foil
that when bended, it unbends itself to normal and flat, or some of that
crashed UFO at Roswell, or that purple alien writing.  If I can't prove
that they exist then I flunk the semester & have to go to summer school.
If I get this evidence, then I get an A+ for the class & graduate.  E-Mail
me back with your answer.  I would really really appreciate it if I could
get the evidence.

GALAXY LEVEL KNOWLEDGE

From:   DES1997@sprintmail.com (Dale E. Sowder)
To:     Area51rc@aol.com
Date: 97-05-22 20:15:57 EDT

Dear D.R.
I Lived in Las Vegas 1970-1975. Have worked with Big Brother.......
Galaxy level Knowlwdge. Magnetically levitated vehicles with
....intergrated  null-flux supension and multiphased propulsion systems.
Lazar story basically accurate.
BLACKDAWN

[This guy called me. He claims to have worked at Area 51, but he
couldn't give me a single detail about the base.  I had to hang up on
him many times. --GC]

CANADIAN PUBLIC LIBRARY CONSPIRACY

Date: Tue, 20 May 1997 16:31:09 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: the president
From: West Lorne Public Library <capwll@wwdc.com>

there if an establishment in can. in ont. that is set on destroying the
government around the world. I am aware of it, so now are you. they call
themselves the curifiers. beware of them.
              Mike Frost
               CSE
      communications security establishment
      800-999 - cda to z
                 this is no damn joke

TIME TO COME CLEAN, MR. WEBMASTER!

From: Andre2813@aol.com
Date: Wed, 28 May 1997 20:56:13 -0400 (EDT)
To: webmaster@ufomind.com
Subject: hi

WHY THE HECK ARE YOU HIDING SO MUCH ABOUT ALIENS AND UFO'S AND SPACECRAFTS,
ARE YOU SCARED TO TELL PEOPLE THE TRUTH.

[Yup.]

YOU TALKING TO ME?

From: [withheld]
Date: Sat, 24 May 1997 21:47:01 -0400 (EDT)
To: Cambell@ufomind.com
Subject: area 51

cambell,
      I have listened to your theories on area 51 and I agree with your
assertions on the secret disc development/alien operations ongoing in the s-4
area.  My question for you is that all tapes I have seen with you and Bob
Lazar date back to 1991-2.  I'm curious to know what is the updated situation
at the region?  I heard "Victor" on Art Bell's Coast to Coast show on 5-23-94
talking about the smuggled tape of the Alien interregation and I'm curious to
know if Dreamland is still active?  Popular Mechanics's recent article states
that all research and development of the disc craft has been moved.  Is this
true?  Finally is there any updated tapes of information in general that I
can obtain freely or by buying?

[I didn't know I had any theories on Area 51.  I didn't move to Nevada
until 1993. --GC]

BUM RUSH THE GATES

Date: Thu, 22 May 1997 10:10:38 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: bum rush the gates
From: ARader742@aol.com

jan 1 2000 I and all who sing-up will rush the gates and find out once and
for all what is in there
e-mail to be on the list is
arader742@aol.com

WHERE IS THE PROFF?

Subject: classified
To: area51@lists.best.com
From: [withheld]@webtv.net

   Do you have any proff that aliens exist. If so please write back.

[We need a filter to automatically delete all email from webtv.net.
It makes aol.com seem like harvard.edu. --GC]

UFOLOGIST EVALUATIONS

Date: Wed, 28 May 1997 16:57:03 -0800
From: campbell@ufomind.com (Glenn Campbell, Las Vegas)

In private email, rarchive@phoenix.net wrote.

>I stumbled upon your page while looking up information after hearing the
>Friday May 23rd Art Bell radio show. I was wondering if you could help
>me out?  I would like your feelings on the following people:
>
>        Art Bell

LOL!

>        Sean David Morton

ROFL!

>        Whitley Strieber

;) (nudge, nudge, wink, wink)

>and a man who goes by the name "Victor"

LOL, ROFL, ;)

>Also - what methods do you use to validate people.

Record their own words, wait for them to hang themselves with them.

Glenn