Re: Campbell defends UFO cover-up on The Learning Channel

From: campbell@ufomind.com (Glenn Campbell, Las Vegas)
Date: Fri, 30 May 1997 18:31:12 -0800
Subject: Re: Campbell defends UFO cover-up on The Learning Channel

[From alt.conspiracy.area51 via akazero@pe.net]

From: NOSPAM-exo1a@azstarnet.com (Robert)
Date: Thu, 29 May 1997 14:15:32 +1000
Newsgroups: alt.conspiracy.area51

In article <19970529151500.LAA01477@ladder02.news.aol.com>,
bombthrowr@aol.com (Bombthrowr) wrote:

> On a recent Learning Channel program called "Alien Secrets:  Area 51",
> which was broadcast last Saturday, May 24, Mr. Campbell defended the
> government's cover-up of UFO information.  I was somewhat stunned as I
> listened to his comments.  What a fucking elitist argument that he
> propounded!  It's people like him who undermine democracy and perpetuate
> an uninformed populace.
>
> Some time ago I responded to a post by him regarding the air transport of
> area 51 workers in and out of the facility.  I e-mailed him about possibly
> finding out who some of these people are and approaching them to inquire
> about the possibility of an alien skunkworks there.  No response.  Guess
> it might have not fit his government agenda...

I agree with you in many ways.  Campbell is elitist and has a serious
'holier-than-thou' attitude.  Don't get me wrong, I like his work and he's
done a lot of good bring Area 51 into the public view.  But, personally, he
seems to me like hes an asshole.

In some ways, I understand his reaction.  He probably get's tons of e-mail
from everyone and their dog, about all kinds of silly crap, from death
threats to 'I'm an alien from Alpha Centauri'.  I'm sure it can be hard
(and probably not worth the effort most of the time) to sort out whos the
nut-job and whos got real info to provide.

That said, the problem is, that he's one of the few people who live in that
area that anyone knows of.  I've been out to Rachel and Area 51, as well as
Vegas, and seen the Janet Terminal.  It would be very easy to follow
someone home after they go to their car.  You could then probably find out
who they are.  Do this with maybe 10 people, and then approach them all
nearly simultaneously (you can't just approach them at very different
times, because they will report back to their bosses that they were asked
about it and suddenly everyone knows about you and are ready when you knock
on their door).  Now, if that's your plan, great, do it, or find someone
who lives in Vegas to do it.  But don't expect Campbell to help.

I didn't see the show on TLC.  What did he say, anyway?

Robert

|    GLENN CAMPBELL - Government Disinformation Agent     |
|             "Who does he really work for?"              |
| Area 51 Research Center            campbell@ufomind.com |
| Las Vegas Annex                  http://www.ufomind.com |