Area 51 saga heads to federal court [news]

From: campbell@ufomind.com (Glenn Campbell, Las Vegas)
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 1997 21:37:42 -0800
November 03, 1997

Area 51 saga heads to federal court

By Steve Kanigher
LAS VEGAS SUN

Workers say there were fatalities and serious injuries from exposure
to hazardous waste at a top-secret military facility in Southern
Nevada.

The government resists acknowledging the installation even exists. An
attorney's office is sealed from the public. A sitting president
invokes executive privilege to suppress evidence.

The continuing saga involving Area 51, the secret Air Force facility
on Groom Dry Lake near the Nevada Test Site, moves to San Francisco
Wednesday. That's where the 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals will
review rulings by U.S. District Judge Philip Pro of Las Vegas.

Full article at:
http://www.lasvegassun.com/sunbin/stories/sun/1997/nov/03/506456466.html

[This is a good review of the lawsuit to date. Something new here is
support for the lawsuit by former Interior secretary Udall.]

Index: Groom Lake Hazardous Waste Lawsuit Index: 1997 Articles About Area 51

This page: http://www.aliensonearth.com/area51/list/1997/nov/a04-002.shtml   (11/20/17 13:57)