Lawsuit Appeal... and Barbra Streisand?!? [news]

From: campbell@ufomind.com (Glenn Campbell, Las Vegas)
Date: Thu, 6 Nov 1997 08:29:21 -0800
The revelation of the day is -- Barbra Streisand!!!!

Lawyer Jonothan Turley appeared to get a chilly reception
in Federal Appeals Court yesterday.

...But the strangest news is Turley's funding source:
Barbra Streisand

----------------------

Las Vegas Review-Journal
Thursday, November 06, 1997

Lawyer hopes to take Area 51 dangers public

National security is at the heart of a decision to deny a lawsuit
by ex-workers at a top-secret Air Force facility.

By Ed Vogel
Donrey Capital Bureau

SAN FRANCISCO -- Appeals judges ridiculed arguments Wednesday by
a lawyer who urged them to disregard national security concerns
and allow him to sue the government for harm suffered by workers
at the classified Area 51 base in Nevada.

Judge Pamela Rymer of the 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals at
one point even scolded Washington, D.C., attorney Jonathan Turley
for making exaggerated arguments.

"You have a serious problem here, Mr. Turley," she said. "I am
trying to get you to explain to me in English."

See full article at:
http://www.lvrj.com/lvrj_home/1997/Nov-06-Thu-1997/news/6370535.html

Yahoo on Streisand:
http://www.yahoo.com/Entertainment/Music/Artists/By_Genre/Rock_and_Pop/Streisand__Barbra/

Index: Groom Lake Hazardous Waste Lawsuit Index: 1997 Articles About Area 51

This page: http://www.aliensonearth.com/area51/list/1997/nov/a06-001.shtml   (11/20/17 14:09)