Flowers for Colonel Wilson -- to which hospital?

From: campbell@ufomind.com (Glenn Campbell, Las Vegas)
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 1997 18:57:24 -0800

Hasn't this happened before?  Everybody gets all geared up to
meet "Colonel Steve Wilson" in the flesh, and then something
happens, he disappears or reportedly dies, and we miss our chance.

Now we learn that the Colonel is undergoing "kemotherapy" and is
in the hospital... just in time to miss his first public
appearance at the Skywatch conference in Phoenix on Nov. 15.  (Is
it still on?)

Wilson is listed on our website as a "hypothetical character."
Although he is the on-line founder of Skywatch and runs a popular
mailing list, no one is sure that he actually exists -- at least
with the impressive military resume he has claimed.  If he ever
showed up in person, then he might have some embarassing
questions to answer.

So the only thing we ask about his recent hospital admission is,
"Which hospital is it?"  It's not a big question, really.
Sending a get well card to a PO box is nice, but what if we want
to send flowers -- or call up admissions to find out how he is
doing?  PO boxes are too impersonal, like email addresses.  We
want to send chocolate.

GC

The Colonel: http://www.ufomind.com/people/w/wilsons/
Conference: http://www.ufomind.com/ufo/updates/1997/aug/m27-016.shtml

From: UFO Sky Searchers International <deeaob@admin.itol.com>
From:          skywatch@wic.net (SKYWATCH)

I want to inform everyone that the Colonel was taken to a
hospital this AM.  He has asked me and has previously explained
how to post here. Please do not be surprised if some days there
is no mail.  I will do the best I can, but I have a family to
care for also.  I just ask that you all obey the posting rules as
it is hard enough to sort through all the email that comes in.
If anyone wants to contact him personally, do so at
<colonel@wic.net>.  I have no access to this account.

Thank You
Carolyn
---------------------------
Billy Dee Remarks!
          Lets be in prayer for the colonel.  He is suffering from
cancer, and has been for some time, as well as he has already gone
through Kemotherapy.

From: Ndunlks@aol.com
Date: Sun, 9 Nov 1997 18:03:23 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Send Get Well Cards to the Colonel

well cards to the Colonel . Skywatch, has informed me that the
following address may be used .

In our minds, many of us know what a great man he is . It is now
the time to let him know . There are very few who can claim to
match the dedication to our field, as our own Colonel Steve
Wilson (Founder of Skywatch) .
 Steven L Wilson Sr
 (The other Steve, not the Colonel)

                           Col. S. Wilson, USAF/ret