PopSci Interview of Widnall Mentions A51

From: "James R. Graham" <jrg@world.std.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 1997 18:57:31 -0800

Hi all,
The latest issue of PopSci (december '97 Volume 21, number 6) has an
interview (by technology editor Frank Vizard) with former secretary of
the AirForce, Sheila Widnall. The following is an excerpt from page 96
which mentions Area 51. The quoted includes everything mentioned about
A51:

BEGIN QUOTE
PS: Area 51 is the source of much speculation as a topsecret base full of
futuristic technology. Some of my colleagues are wondering when the press
tour of Area 51 will be arranged?

Widnall: A couple of my colleagues are wondering the same thing
(laughter).

PS: It's striking people as humorous that the government won't talk aout
something that is commonly refered to in books and movies.

Widnall: Yes, well, I think it is in sort of a perverse category (more
laughter).
END QUOTE

That's all.

This page: http://www.aliensonearth.com/area51/list/1997/nov/a13-003.shtml   (11/21/17 10:53)