Re: Col. Wilson and his missing Medal of Honor [2 msgs]

From: campbell@ufomind.com (Glenn Campbell, Las Vegas)
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 1997 14:16:18 -0800

Date: Wed, 26 Nov 1997 11:23:19 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Re: Col. Wilson and his missing Medal of Honor
From: tucker@cc.gatech.edu (Tucker Balch)

Jan Aldrich said this:

[snip]
> Colonel Wilson said he had won the Air Medal of Honor.
> However, on the Medal of Honor website there is no Steven
> Wilson listed.  Since Dr. Boylan has Colonel Wilson's DD-214,
[snip]

I'm not a supporter of Wilson or Aldrich, but I would like to
point out that as former Air Force pilot and now member of
the Air Guard, I've never heard of the "Air Medal of Honor."
I suspect that Colonel Wilson may have claimed an Air Medal,
and someone else erroneously appended "of Honor."  The Air Medal
is quite an honor, but is distinct from the Medal of Honor.
If he was in the AF, they'd certainly have a record of his
awards and decorations, but I don't think awards are listed on
the discharge form and I'm not sure the AF would release his
records without a family member's request.

--Tucker

Date: Wed, 26 Nov 1997 09:31:58 -0500 (EST)
From: "Erric L. Zdzchowski" <erricz@bellatlantic.net>

Jan Aldrich wrote:

> Colonel Wilson said he had won the Air Medal of Honor.
> However, on the Medal of Honor website there is no Steven
> Wilson listed.

I think you have contradicted yourself, Jan.  The *AIR* Medal of Honor
is NOT the "highest military honor," I believe that the CONGRESSIONAL
Medal Of Honor is clearly what you are thinking of.  Therefore, the
Medal of Honor site WOULDN'T have him listed.

Erric L. Zdzchowski

| Submissions to: <area51@lists.best.com>
|
| RELEVANCE OF THIS MESSAGE: Response to previous

Index: Steve Wilson

This page: http://www.aliensonearth.com/area51/list/1997/nov/a27-001.shtml   (11/18/17 18:23)