X-Files Anderson On The UFO Cover-Up

From: Stig_Agermose@online.pol.dk (Stig Agermose)
Date: Sat, 29 Nov 1997 09:04:19 -0800

From the site of the New York Post. URL:
http://www.nypostonline.com/gossip/1262.htm

First found: 28 Nov 1997

PAGE SIX

By RICHARD JOHNSON with Jeane MacIntosh and Sean Gannon

(snipped)

Gillian shares her X-treme theories

UFO-hunting "X Files" star Gillian Anderson isn't stretching too much
when it comes to aliens. Anderson, who donned a whacked-out "Bride of
Frankenstein" look courtesy of David LaChapelle for an Allure photo
spread, told the mag she believes extraterrestrials have definitely
landed - and the authorities, straight out of an "X Files" script, are
covering it up. "It would shock the hell out of me if the government
had never been involved in a UFO cover-up and if there was not life on
other planets," she says. Why would the Feds do it? To keep control.
"The concept of other beings more powerful than us human beings places
the public in a state of fear," she states. "The government no longer
has the same kind of control." As for aliens, Anderson believes they
seem hostile because they are projections of our own negative
vibrations. "They vibrate on another energy level than we do," she says
earnestly, adding they are "adaptable" to our beliefs. On a more
credible note, she apologetically predicts, "This is going to make me
sound like a complete nut." Meanwhile, back on earth, Anderson, who's
starring in an "X Files" movie, is soon to appear in "The Mighty"
opposite Sharon Stone in which she plays a biker chick who's living
with portly rocker Meat Loaf. As for her TV show, Anderson says fans
are so obsessive that secrecy on the set has become paramount - with
all scripts shredded before they are thrown in the trash.

(snipped)

This page: http://www.aliensonearth.com/area51/list/1997/nov/a29-004.shtml   (11/17/17 14:23)