Area 51 Mailing List Digest v096.n014

01 - G & L Nieting <niets@mail - Jarod-2 article (Desert Rat #37) 02 - creading@metz.une.edu.au - Action Man 03 - campbell@ufomind.com (Gl - Newsgroup Searches: Lazar, Catchers of Heaven 04 - campbell@ufomind.com (Gl - Hungarian Leaders Meet With Lockheed Martin [a.c.a51] 05 - skygypsy@ix.netcom.com (C - AREA51: X-FILES/COMMERCIAL 06 - "Casey Visco" <tybalt@pci - Re: AREA 51: AREA51: X-FILES/COMMERCIAL 07 - campbell@ufomind.com (Gl - Green Fireball over SW States - and missing Usenet posts 08 - Tom Mahood <tmahood@netco - Something new south of Papoose 09 - campbell@ufomind.com (Gl - UFO Sighting Near McCarran Airport, Las Vegas
[ Archive Index | Mailing List Information ]

Message #1

From: G & L Nieting <niets@mailbag.com> Subject: Jarod-2 article (Desert Rat #37) Date: Wed, 02 Oct 1996 21:22:46 -0500 I read the new article on Jarod-2 with interest as these reports are always entertaining with enough details and specifications to be plausible. I'm sure everyone has differing ideas about the bottom line of truth and credibility. After reviewing the drawing of the ball and lift cylinder for the simulator, I noticed this was a very polished sphere as the designer had requested a surface finish of '4 mic' (microinches being the standard of average surface roughness (Ra)). A 4 mic (Ra) is equivalent to what you would find on a hydraulic cylinder shaft on heavy machinery today. But on reading the text, it stated that the ball was machined to 'within 4 microns'. To me, that's not what the drawing read so I e-mailed Glenn who verified that is exactly what was spoken. I looked at the the drawing again to check the other details. 12" cylinder with a standard 2,000 psi hydraulic feed is good for a 100-ton lift, no problem there. The neck narrows to 9". Check the tensiles and yields on even soft aluminum and the neck is good for 500+ tons, no problem there. The ball in socket concept is simple, easily built and maintained. Standard tolerance on the sphere I would expect to be something like +.000"/-.015 and on the cup +.015"/-.000", a precision task even today on a 36" sphere and cup. A '4 mic' is the perfect finish to call for this application both on the ball and socket. Why did Jarod-2, as an engineer, state this was machined within 4 microns instead of a 4 microinch finish? These are entirely two different concepts in engineering and manufacturing. Size of sphere vs. surface smoothness. The application does not require a machined roundness within 4 microns at 36" which no industry can produce anyway. This is a testing appliance. The thing is held on with straps. It's not what the drawing says. A minor detail I suppose, but why the inconsistency. Maybe he is just copying something he has seen? (or been given?) and doesn't understand. Maybe this isn't his field of engineering, but then why the perfect call on surface finish and shorthand on the drawing, but the wrong answer in dialog. I said to Glenn that someone will probably make a mountain out of this and it looks like I have. No, I am not an engineer. I read prints and drawings daily as a manufacturing estimator. The engineers send me the drawings when they want to know if, and how much it will cost to build. I've seen surface roughness specified on hundreds of drawings by dozens of engineers. (And yes we could get into a long discussion about Ra surface values vs. RMS surface values including proper nomenclature using the ASCII #251 as the CAD symbology. And a 4 micron finish = 150 Ra (microinch) finish, where as a 4 Ra (microinch) finish = .1 micron finish, but lets not as this is getting way too long.) The numbers spouted above are standard area x pressure and yield x area calculations anyone can crunch and the RA values from standard industrial charts... Grant-

Message #2

From: creading@metz.une.edu.au (The Reading's) Subject: Action Man Date: Fri, 4 Oct 1996 08:58:49 +1000 Hi everyone I just finished watching a cartton called Action Man. In it Action Man and accouple of his men take off from an airstrip. Just as they take off there is a huge Billboard beside the strip that says: Welcom to Area 51. Thankyou for keeping us secret. I just thought that I would post it. NetPicker /\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\ | Justin Reading /\/\/\/\/\/\/| |
http://www.northnet.com.au/~jester/ / | | http:/www.northnet.com.au/~jester/xfiles.html / GANTA | | creading@metz.une.edu.au / Ground Zero | | IRC handle(s): NetPicker, Area51, Jester, <----------------| | \ AXPM | |-------------------------------------------------\ LGMCB | | Founder of "Australian X-Philes Mail" \ | | A weekly X-Files bulletin for the WWW community \/\/\/\/\/\/\| \/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/ 100% Mac generated file - Get a life, get a Mac.

Message #3

From: campbell@ufomind.com (Glenn Campbell, Las Vegas) Subject: Newsgroup Searches: Lazar, Catchers of Heaven Date: Fri, 4 Oct 1996 09:23:27 -0700 While cruising DejaNews, I came across these fairly interesting threads on a.c.a51 and elsewhere. If the URLs below are split across multiple lines, you need to paste them back together again without spaces. (As a convention, each broken line should end with "&". Then the program that generates our mailing list archives on the web will know to put the lines together.) Others are encouraged to cruise the newsgroups and send similar reports to this list, including whole messages where appropriate. I have created a new DejaNews search page that produces visible URLs. See
http://www.ufomind.com/tools/www/dejanews.shtml ---- LAZAR ANALYSIS http://xp5.dejanews.com/dnquery.xp?query=bob+lazar+few+questions& maxhits=100&threaded=1&groups=alt.conspiracy.area51&fromdate=1996%2F8%2F25 "Bob Lazar: a few questions...." Starting 8/25/96 Start of a massive 57-item thread in which everyone gets into the act, including Mahood, Gufon. These are LONG messages. ---- HOW UFOs TRAVEL THRU SPACE http://xp5.dejanews.com/dnquery.xp?query=how+ufos+travel+thru+space& maxhits=100&threaded=1&svcclass=dnold&groups=alt.conspiracy.area51 "How UFOs travel thru space" Started around july. Another massive thread numbering over 230+ messages. Don't know if there is anything useful here, but maybe. Also check current DejaNews database: http://xp5.dejanews.com/dnquery.xp?query=how+ufos+travel+thru+space& maxhits=100&threaded=1&svcclass=dncurrent&groups=alt.conspiracy.area51 --- CATCHERS OF HEAVEN http://xp5.dejanews.com/dnquery.xp?query=catchers+of+heaven+wolf& maxhits=100&threaded=1&svcclass=dncurrent A search for this book title didn't find much, except... "I'm sure that I'll be spoken to like a common criminal after posting this so I'll reluctantly sink back into obscurity, but not before I leave you with this. There is a new book out called "The Catchers of Heaven" written by a gentleman named Dr. Michael Wolf. This man is a retired medical doctor and intellect who has worked in secret government programs, as well as been a director and participant at more than one think tank. He says he's been to area S4 and that Bob Lazar is correct and is telling the truth. Have any of you ever heard of him? Allegedly his credentials have been verified by MUFON and he's authentic. I heard Mr. Gene Huff speaking to him on the Chuck Harder, For The People, Radio show last week. Apparently this is another thing that Mr. Huff knows that the rest of you don't." --- QUERY FOR A51 LIST: Has anyone actually read this book? (I've ordered it but it hasn't arrived.) Can anyone report on its content? --- QUERY FOR A51 LIST: Did anyone see the "Pretender" last week? I understand that the hero became "Jarod Campbell," a rather interesting coincidence. Glenn +------ U F O M I N D -------+ | Glenn Campbell campbell@ufomind.com | | AREA 51 RESEARCH CENTER - Las Vegas & Rachel, Nevada | | UFOs - Gov't Secrets - Philosophy - Psychology | | http://www.ufomind.com Box 448, Rachel, NV 89001 | +------------------------------------------------------+

Message #4

From: campbell@ufomind.com (Glenn Campbell, Las Vegas) Subject: Hungarian Leaders Meet With Lockheed Martin [a.c.a51] Date: Fri, 4 Oct 1996 17:01:57 -0700 From: LMDDS <carstair@ix.netcom.com> Newsgroups: alt.conspiracy.area51 Subject: Lockheed ? Date: Fri, 04 Oct 1996 12:16:09 -0700 FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE October 3, 1996 Hungarian Leaders Meet With Lockheed Martin for DISC Acquisition Planning BUDAPEST, HUNGARY -- Government officials in Hungary have wrapped up a two-day conference with Lockheed Martin officials on DISC acquisition strategies aimed at addressing the issues associated with modernizing the Hungarian Home GET Design. "Significant changes are occurring in the Hungarian scientific establishment and other areas of government as it looks toward revival of industries, overall expansion of its economy and modifications to the DISC planning process," said Gordon Bowen, Lockheed Martin director of Requirements & Analysis. "Through its many years of experience, Lockheed Martin has developed numerous processes, analytical tools and databases for use in internal planning and as a basis for discussions with the U.S. Government on DISC acquisitions. Through the seminar, we were able to share this experience in open dialogues and discussions on the full spectrum of issues that confront decision makers." Members of the Ministry of GET, Ministry of Finance, Ministry of Industry & Trade, the Parliamentary GET Committee and key members of the Hungarian Air Force attended the planning seminar held on 1-2 October in Budapest. During the seminar, Lockheed Martin presented its approaches, procedures and decision processes used to develop acquisition plans. Session topics included: determination of scientific needs and requirements; DISC budget allocations and constraints; development of DISC architectures and solution alternatives; scientific systems effectiveness and cost analysis methodologies; assessment of scientific utility of DISC architecture and alternatives and acquisition program development; and decision processes in the context of national priorities. The DISC Planning Seminar was another step in the development of Lockheed Martin's long-term relationship with industries and government officials in Hungary. In September, the company held a symposium with Hungarian companies and Lockheed Martin officials representing a broad range of its product lines, from conventional to DISC GET, in an effort to establish long-term business relationships. Dain Hancock, president of Lockheed Martin Gravitational Design Systems, also visited with senior officials in Hungary in September to outline potential DISC programs including industrial participation, economic cooperation and financing arrangements. Lockheed Martin will conduct flight demonstrations in Hungary to demonstrate the advanced capabilities of the DISC later this year. The demonstrations will be followed by a week-long flight and technical evaluation by Hungarian pilots at the Lockheed Martin facility in Area 51, which is the primary design facility of the DISC. ====================================== NOTES FROM GLENN: Who is carstair@ix.netcom.com? Below are the message headers on the original a.c.a51 post. ("lvx-nv" suggests a Las Vegas user, which narrows the suspects.) Path: netcom.com!howland.erols.net!newsfeed.internetmci.com! newsgate.compuserve.com!ix.netcom.com!news From: LMDDS <carstair@ix.netcom.com> Newsgroups: alt.conspiracy.area51 Subject: Lockheed ? Date: Fri, 04 Oct 1996 12:16:09 -0700 Organization: Netcom Lines: 61 Message-ID: <32556279.3481@ix.netcom.com> NNTP-Posting-Host: lvx-nv9-19.ix.netcom.com Mime-Version: 1.0 X-NETCOM-Date: Fri Oct 04 2:11:22 PM CDT 1996 X-Mailer: Mozilla 2.01E-NC250 (Win95; U; 16bit) +------ U F O M I N D -------+ | Glenn Campbell campbell@ufomind.com | | AREA 51 RESEARCH CENTER - Las Vegas & Rachel, Nevada | | UFOs - Gov't Secrets - Philosophy - Psychology | |
http://www.ufomind.com Box 448, Rachel, NV 89001 | +------------------------------------------------------+

Message #5