The page below has been permenently FROZEN as of January 2000.
Due to resource limitations,
this section of our website is no longer maintained,
so some links may not work and some information may be out of date.
We have retained this page for archive reference only,
and we cannot vouch for its accuracy.
Broken links will not be repaired,
and minor errors will not be corrected.
You are responsible for independently verifying any information you may find here.
The Closest Town to Area 51
- Rachel Description (4/11/95)
- Rachel History by Glenn Campbell, 2/96.
- Related Pages
- Rachel Business
independent film on Rachel, Nevada,*
was shown at the
International Film Festival* on Oct. 18, 1996.
(Produced by Jessica Landaw & David Dawes
of Random Productions.)
Rachel, Nevada takes us to a small town 110 miles from Las Vegas, site of a
formerly secret US Air Force installation known as Area 51. The base
develops new planes such
as the stealth bomber. The secrecy shrouding Area 51 has given rise
to suspicions over the years,
earning the town of Rachel (primarily a collection of trailer homes)
the title "UFO Capital of the
World," and Nevada State Highway 375 "Alien Highway". The film focuses
on the everyday
people of Rachel, once left alone to service the military, now the
center of tourism and a publicity
boom. There are enough stories and photos to persuade even the most
die-hard skeptics that
something extraterrestrial may be going on.
- E.T. Highway Unveiling,
April 18, 1996
- Articles, partial list starting 1996. See also Area
51 Articles and E.T.
Article on Rachel in CNN Travel News. Drivel.
- 10/28/96: "What's New" article, Ufomind, British Tourist Injured near
Rachel. Visitors injured in rollover vehicle accident.
Rachel, Nevada, Capital of the Intergalactic Federation, an article
in the Times of London reports on the recent "Abduction" party.
- 5/9/96: Newspaper article, Lincoln County Record,
With Rachel", page 6. Report on aftermath of Highway Dedication.
- 4/28/96: Newspaper article, Orange County Register,
ploy breeds alienation in windswept town," by Gordon Dillow. The
newly christened Extraterrestrial Highway is drawing otherworldly
types, unsettling Rachel, Nev.
- 4/19/96: Newspaper article, Las Vegas Review Journal,
the E.T. Highway: State officials, movie stars and directors help
dedicate a stretch of road with an
alien-themed title", by Shaun McKinnon. Report on E.T. Highway
- 4/19/96: Newspaper article, Las Vegas Sun,
out of this world: Town of Rachel worries about latest attraction",
by Mary Manning. Report on reservations over E.T. Highway.
- 3/20/96: AP Wire, "Nevada's
New "Extraterrestrial Highway" Gets Hollywood-Style Launch With 20th
Century Fox's "Independence Day; Gov. Miller, Film's Stars To
Attend Unveiling And Dedication Ceremony".
- 3/09/96: New York Times, "Quiet
Nevada Town On E.T. Road Banking On Ufo Lore".
- 3/06/96: Campbell's
Report on Alien Highway, describing dangers to tourists. (66k)
- 2/20/96: Las Vegas Review Journal, "Aliens
given own road: State Route 375 renamed the Extraterrestrial Highway".
Stored on other servers...
Page in the Area 51 BBS, including photos.
- Penoyer Valley Electric Cooperative+ - Description of small power company that serves Rachel. (4 para)
- Document - By Glenn Campbell <3/14/97 #1>
- Rachel's Aliens From Hell+ - Resident says friendly atmosphere of town has vanished since "aliens" arrived.
- Message - Published: 6/20/97 - Source: Area 51 (Mailing List) [Posted by Glenn Campbell, Las Vegas] <6/20/97 #2>
- Rachel UFO Sighting Report, 6/23/97, 11:45 AM+
- Message - By Anonymous Rachel Resident - Published: 6/26/97 - Source: Area 51 (Mailing List) [Posted by Glenn Campbell] <6/26/97 #3>
- Typical Flare Sighting Near Rachel+
- Message - By Glenn Campbell - Published: 7/10/97 - Source: Area 51 (Mailing List) <7/10/97 #6>
- The Michael Heizer - Area 51 Connection - The search for a reclusive artist who lives in the desert north of Rachel.
- Rachel's "Lt. Col. Bullshit"+ - Local Rachel character "Jeff" claims to work at Area 51, while also giving tours to see the base. (32 lines)
- Message - By Glenn Campbell - Published: 8/15/97 - Source: Area 51 (Mailing List) <8/15/97 #8>
- Comet Impact Near Rachel Linked to Extinction+ (33 lines)
- Article reference - Published: 11/23/97 - Source: Area 51 (Mailing List) <11/23/97 #9>
- Rachel-Yucca Mountain Haul Road Suggested (26 lines)
- Message - Published: 12/2/97 - Source: Area 51 (Mailing List) [Posted by Dave Hart] <12/2/97 #10>
- Pyewacket Takes a Trip - Trip photos of Rachel, Area 51, Meteor Crater, VLA, Roswell, Carlsbad Caverns (8 pages)
- Photo - By Pyewacket - Published: 10/21/97 <1/17/98 Imported #11>
Including photos of Rachel, Nevada, the "Black" mailbox, the Border of Area 51,
Cammo Dudes, "hidden" cameras, Roswell, the Very Large Array,
Meteor Crater, Carlsbad Caverns
- X-Mas card of Rachel resident in front of Research Center+ (40k)
- Photo - Humor <2/5/98 #12>
"...statistically proven, trailer park residents report
a higher incidence of examinations aboard UFOs.
Vern says his prostate is apparently just fine and
he did get a dinner out of it...."
- Rachel article in Salt Lake Tribune [ref]+ (28 lines)
- Message - Published: 9/15/98 - Source: Ufomind (Mailing List) [Posted by CircusMan@aol.com] <9/15/98 #14>
- A Trip To Rachel - This summer, I made a trip to Rachel, Nevada. You can read all about my experiences, and check out all the photographs taken on the trip, by going here.
- By DJBeirne@home.com - Source: The Ultimate Page To The Unexplained <12/28/99 #15>
This page has been frozen.
New links are not allowed and broken links will not be repaired
+indicates documents stored on this server.
@indicates an index page in a different section.
Imported indicates entry was copied from another page.
||Regarding "Rachel, Nevada" - Latest First
Wot no UFO's ?
Hi ! Visited your shop in Rachel today - great Beef Jerky ! Thanks for your interesting info - we found the military signs, and managed not to get arrested. Didn't spot any UFO's - shame, we wanted to hitch a lift to New Zealand ! -Chris & Vanessa
Goin to see the saucers
Hey out there in cyber space. I will be traveling through
on the weekend of the 28th from the MOA rally in texas. Any
MOA or RA people checkin out this site will recognize me
at the rally by the roundel on my jacket (the largest at the
rally). Those who wonder what this message means will just
have to be there when I come through town. GS rules. Later.
View 7 Other Comments
This page has been frozen.
New comments are not allowed.
The members of "Mojave Rat-Pack" are coming
We are the "Mojave Rat-Pack".
After reading regarding the town of Rachel and some perfidious rumors re: UFO's, my comrades
decided that Rachel must be experienced.
We will be there Sept.4th, we require an area to camp, we prefer a dry lake.
We need desolation.
If anyone could suggest a "spot" let me know. We are aware of "limits".
Original Text Copyrighted © 1994-99
PO Box 30303, Las Vegas, NV 89173
Note: The above page has been frozen as of Jan. 1, 2000.
It is retained only for archive purposes. Broken links will not be repaired and
some information may be out of date.
The former webmaster, Glenn Campbell, is still active at
or @BadDalaiLama on Twitter