The page below has been permenently FROZEN as of January 2000.
Due to resource limitations,
this section of our website is no longer maintained,
so some links may not work and some information may be out of date.
We have retained this page for archive reference only,
and we cannot vouch for its accuracy.
Broken links will not be repaired,
and minor errors will not be corrected.
You are responsible for independently verifying any information you may find here.
Rachel Rave Party
Calling all "Encountered People"! A Las Vegas production company and hypothetical UFO group plan "an all night political action rally and UFO watching vigil" -- aka a "rave party" -- in Rachel on Aug. 24. They plan to educate young people and prove to the government, through loud music, that we Americans are finally ready to handle the truth.
Aug. 24, 1996
Rave party/political rally to be held in Rachel, Nevada, north of Area 51, on Aug. 24, 1996. Price is $25 with tickets sold through Ticketmaster.
Read the Press Release from Zzyzx Productions and "The Center for the Study of Aerial Phenomenon" announcing the event. [ 7/31/96 Press Release | 8/9/96 Press Release ] Then see our comments and corrections below.
Their Web Site | Local mirror | 7/31/96 Press Release | 8/9/96 Press Release
The flyer above is being distributed in Las Vegas. [Larger version (92k) ] Here is the text...
ZZyZx PRODUCTIONS PRESENTS|
AUGUST 24, 1996
LIVE AT AREA 51
1 800 683 5897
This event is being held in close proximity to the AREA 51 geographical sector on the Air Force Nevada test Sight. "Officially" the facility doesn't exist but intrusion is a serious offense and signs at the boundaries state that USE OF DEADLY FORCE IS AUTHORIZED. Do not attempt to enter this restricted area.
ROBINSONS-MAY / RITMO LATINO
(213)480-3232 - (714)740-2000
(805)583-8700 - (618)220-TIXS
ONLINE INFORMATION: http://www.unlv.edu/~bright/LVraves
Comments on Event
From Area 51 Research Center:
- No one we know in Rachel or in the Las Vegas UFO community had ever heard of Suttle or "The Center For The Study 0f Aerial Phenomenon" prior to the ID4 release, when they showed up in full force. As far as we know, no one from this group or Zzyzx Productions, both based in Las Vegas, has ever had contact with MUFON, the largest UFO group in Las Vegas.
- "The Center for the Study of Aerial Phenomenon" appears to be misnamed: Shouldn't it be "Phenomena"? -- unless it is only one phenomenon they are studying. The group has done no UFO research that we know of. Their first act appears to be this rave party.
- The organizers, apparently consisting primarily of the Suttle clan, describe this event as a "political rally" but everyone else is calling it a "rave party."
- A rave party, as we understand it, is a gathering of young people in the desert listening to very loud music. There's not supposed to be any drugs or alcohol -- but get real! Anything not set in concrete gets stolen at rave parties. These events are often held on dry lake beds away from civilisation, but this one will be held on private property in Rachel.
- None of the three fixed businesses in Rachel -- the Little A'Le'Inn, the Area 51 Research Center or the Quik Pick -- are affliated with this event, although all are willing to sell things to attendees.
- In early July, the chief organizer, a UNLV student, talked to me about his plans for a "political rally," but I said I didn't think it would be productive and declined to participate.
- The organizers have arranged with a local resident to use 4 acres of her 5-acre property for the event. Zzyzx Productions is supposed to post a $1 million liability bond and a similar bond for potential property damage.
- The release says: "Further information was sketchy until 1989 when a Las Vegas television station interviewed a former government physicist who told of aliens being held about 100 miles from Las Vegas at Area 51, Rachael, Nevada."
- Correction: The "former government physicist" (Bob Lazar) never claimed that aliens were being held at Area 51. He never claimed there was anything alien at Area 51, only that some alien craft were stored south of Area 51.
- Correction: Area 51 is not in or near Rachel, Nevada (any more than New York is in Pennsylvania). The base is at least 20 miles to the south. Also: Rachel is spelled without an extra "a."
- Correction: The release implies a link between the Roswell incident and Area 51. It could be true, but to the best of our knowledge no such link has ever been established by credible researchers. The most respected Roswell researcher, Kevin Randle, claims there is no link.
- Correction: The release says, "The sheriff notified Major Jesse Marcel at the nearby army base." There is no evidence to support this. Sheriff Wilcox notified the military, but not Marcel himself.
- Correction (minor): Col. Blanchard ordered the Roswell press release, but it was issued by Walter Haut.
- Correction: The release says, "[Marcel] dispatched an intelligence team who retrieved more pieces of the spacecraft and brought them back to the base." Incorrect. Marcel claimed he was a member of the intelligence team that first visited the site, not that he dispatched it.
- Correction: The release says, "Area 51 itself remains so secret that its existence is still denied by the military." Not true. The Air Force now openly states that it "does have facilities at Groom Dry Lake." We know of no occasion where the Air Force has directly "denied" that the based exists; they have only declined to discuss it.
- The release says that most viewers of ID4 "don't know the movie is based on some pretty compelling evidence or the significance of the July 4th date."
- Question: What would that "pretty compelling evidence" be? What connection do ID4, its invasion fleet or spider-like aliens have with any existing body of UFO research?
- Question: What is the significance of the July 4th date?
- Typos: Many punctuation errors. "Bazaar" should be "bizarre."
- Since the party site is surrounded by empty land, it should be easy to observe without paying
for a $25 ticket.
- The Research Center has scheduled its Leviathan Cave hike for the same weekend (probably Aug. 25) so we can hang out in Rachel the night before and observe. We will neither participate nor protest, but we might engage in sarcasm and anthropological observation. Remember: "Use of Deadly Farce Authorized."
- If you come, bring your own food and drink. If even 100 people show up, it will flood the Little A'Le'Inn and strip the shelves of the Quik Pick.
- Weather is pleasant this time of year -- not nearly as hot as Vegas at night, and perfect for camping at night.
[an error occurred while processing this directive]
[ Area 51 Social |
Area 51 |
Top Level ]
[an error occurred while processing this directive]
Send corrections to
This page: http://www.aliensonearth.com/area51/social/pop/1996/rachel_rave/   (10/22/18 19:06)
We encourage you to link to this page from your own. No permission required.
Last Modified: 8/21/96 dpk